Testaments "The Gathering"

HulkBlood01

• Members

Dude, I've heard it only once, but that one time blew me away, and it's definitely VERY high on my "to get" list. I was like, who the hell is this awesome drummer? And of course, no surprise, when I looked it up it was Dave Lombardo. Has any drummer ever impressed me more than him? I can't think of one. ;)

Wade

:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by DarthWader

Dude, I've heard it only once, but that one time blew me away, and it's definitely VERY high on my "to get" list. I was like, who the hell is this awesome drummer? And of course, no surprise, when I looked it up it was Dave Lombardo. Has any drummer ever impressed me more than him? I can't think of one.
;)

Wade

:eek:

Yeah, you gotta get that cd. Testaments an awesome band, and thats one of their best....and one of the best metal albums too. Lombardo's awesome on it (of course), and Billy has an awesome voice.

• Members

Originally posted by HulkBlood01

How many people have heard/own this album? One of the greatest metal albums of all time and is some of Daves best work as a drummer.

Sorry but I'm getting tired of hearing about weezer and the like.
:rolleyes:

What does everyone think?

It's just a really kickass thrash metal album. Dave's playing is always just cool. On the older albums (@ Slayer) he has a lot of cool tom/snare fills too.

He man, I heard Dave is playing again with Slayer at least for a short period! Anyone know more?

Has any drummer ever impressed me more than him?

Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy :) (but for thrash metal, Dave Lombardo and Paul Bostaph just know so much cool fills, it's awesome)

• Members

Originally posted by Yokozuna

It's just a really kickass thrash metal album. Dave's playing is always just cool. On the older albums (@ Slayer) he has a lot of cool tom/snare fills too.

He man, I heard Dave is playing again with Slayer at least for a short period! Anyone know more?

Yeah, they asked Dave to finish touring with them untill they found a replacement for Paul. I'm not sure how thats turing out, though. Last time i checked they were down to a handfull of people. Even if they find the replacement i think Lombardo's gonna finish the tour...which is awesome. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Tigerstripe

I really like testament, that album is fantastic! Do you listen to any of the euro-metal bands like iced earth and gamma ray? I think you may like that stuff if you liked testament.

yeah, iced earth is pretty awesome. schaeffer(sp?) is an awesome guitarist. They write some good songs, granted some riffs are recycled. :p But yeah those guys rock too.

• Members

...I envy you.
:mad::)
That must have been an awesome show.

I heard a little fragment of Slayer @ ozzfest in Holland. Dave triggerd his bass drum, and it was like wow. He has a new machine gun, cool! The man is about 38 now, but still he's damn fast and cool :)

• Members

...I envy you.
:mad::)
That must have been an awesome show.

Yeah, it was an awesome show.

They played only few new songs, which was good.

Have anyone heard a band named Burning Inside???

They have released two albums i think and the drummer is Richard Christy (Death

Archived