Drum neglect over as of today!

zarazabas

• Members

Last exam for the year in t-minus 2 hours and counting. Then i got 3 and a half months holiday!! :D My drums have been feeling very sad and neglected over the last couple of weeks as i've been frantically trying to get assignments done and prepare for exams... but they better be ready for the playing of a lifetime!

What about all you guys (and gals)? Do you find that work/study gets in the way of playing drums? And if so, how do you go about staying sane?

I'm gonna have to spend the majority of my holidays working full-time (compulsory industry based work relevant to my degree) so i'm not really gonna have that much extra time, but at least with this the work will stop when i leave the workplace, unlike uni work which, through my own stupidity and laziness always ends up piling higher and higher and higher until it eventually consumes my whole life! Then at the beginning of every year i tell myself that i'm going to organise my time properly and get everything done nice and early and do the work progressively as i go along, rather than trying to cram it in at the end. Never works.

Thankfully, i bought myself an e-kit which opens up my potential practice time to pretty much all hours, so when i am working full time during the days i will still be able to come home at night and play. How do all you acoustic kit players and day workers manage to fit playing time in? Do you find that you are very limited with your potential practice time?

• Members

my degree DEMANDS that I play drums :D:D

It sounds a lot more fun than it is though, most of it not all of it is learning new/practicing concepts, techniques and sight reading over and over again. We perform one song a week so I guess thats the release :D

I have an acoustic and a electric kit, I practice with the acoustic whenever I can but obviously when it gets to 6pm onwards I use the electric kit.

• Members

I have a hard time with that. I have class from 11-5 most days and when I get home I have to do more work, or go to work. I generally will play the kit like 3-4 times a week, and I'll hit the practice pad later in the evenings. In 4 weeks I will be graduating YEAH BUDDY!

Drums EVERYDAY!

Archived