Excellent gig with The Irondequoit Chorale with one glitch...

Greg Bogoshian

• Members

We had one technical problem where the phantom power to the mics decided to quit on vocals, so we just dialed back our instruments real quick when we heard and played to their natural vocal level. Very pro under the circumstances. I don't know what happened. Everything was perfectly balanced at warm-up. I think the problem is in my Mackie powered mixer's phantom power switch. Light was lit, but nobody was home. :( The ladies just belted it out and we carried on. We didn't allow it to affect our performance. It was an audience of around 400 or so.

The Chorale is just unbelievable! Power in voice to peel the paint off the walls!!! Playing with them on the one piece I did was a real thrill... That one was the last one before intermission and I was in a zone... It was totally flawless! :) I have never played better or with more feeling... The voices (at least 60 in the choir) and Kelly on flute were absolutely awe inspiring! At intermission when we were selling CDs, one woman gave me what I feel is the ultimate compliment... She told me, "Normally, guitar is just an instrument I don't like and have never liked, but what you played and the way you played it and the blend of the sound was just beautiful! I thoroughly enjoyed how you were a part of the music in a way I have never heard a guitar do before! It was WONDERFUL!!" Well, folks, I almost broke down in tears right there on the spot! That uplift carried me through our set and it just grew from there! You pray for a performance like that! I honestly think that was the spark I needed to get the confidence I need to carry me through the next gig. I really do appreciate all of your support along the way as well. It does mean a great deal to me! Thanks for the opportunity to strut my feathers a little bit... Feelin' too good to keep it all in! :D Boggs

Archived