No announcement yet.

Gibson J185CE

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson J185CE

I have an opportunity to buy a lightly used J185. Does anybody have any input on this guitar?
    Well, conditions at work are frightful, and the boss is not delightful and someday we'll all be let go........this job blows, this job blows, this job blows

Originally posted by Madill
    I have an opportunity to buy a lightly used J185. Does anybody have any input on this guitar?

Cool guitars. Maple sides and back with a 24.75" scale. I owned a version of it. It was a J180EC - same features with a black finish.

Comment

I've also considered the J180EC as well. I don't really know the difference between the two.
      Well, conditions at work are frightful, and the boss is not delightful and someday we'll all be let go........this job blows, this job blows, this job blows

Comment

Originally posted by Madill
        I've also considered the J180EC as well. I don't really know the difference between the two.

Similiar specs, but the J185EC requires a higher grade of wood. I think Gibson cuts corners on the black guitars. The can use the uglier wood because you can't see the grain. Also, there is no fretboard binding or abalone body binding on the J180EC.

The J180EC is the budget version. I didn't like the black gloss finish. It was impossible to keep clean.

Comment

I bet black is a pain. The guitar I am looking at is custom......its cherry red. Really a beautiful guitar! I learned to play on my fathers Gibson so I am kind of partial to Gibson. But.......when you have to spend a couple thousand dollars you want to be reasonably sure of what your getting into.

Comment

i'd say if you like it, then hop on it... can't really go wrong with any guitar that you like... especially gibsons.
            I.K.F.C. (Larris and Lions)
            E.S.C.
            Member of the No Cutaway Club
            hear me/click me/buy me

Comment

Working...
            X