Anyone Have Details on the newest Epiphone G1275 Double Neck?

DigitalMan2112

• Members

Hey all. I'm a noob on this forum. Wanting to see if anyone owns or owned a 2015-2016 Epi G1275 in cherry or Alpine White. Specifically, how is the build quality? I know the cherry version has either a maple top or veneer, but are either versions solid mahogany or laminate bodies? Any feedback is much appreciated. Can't find much information on the newest Limited Edition models made in South Korea.

• Members

I have a 2005 MIK Epiphone Korina Explorer, and what I noticed they did with that guitar is use 3 limba boards lengthwise that are sandwiched between a top and bottom laminate piece of limba to give a uniform "one-piece" appearance. I would imagine the construction would be similar with a G1275 using mahogany but would possibly require a couple more boards in the center. And really, there's nothing much wrong with that type of construction as long as the select and process is good. The sound of that particular guitar is still quite resonant and vocal sounding.

It used to be that folks snubbed the Korean made guitars and only heralded the US and Japanese made models, but since a lot of production has been moved to China and Indonesia, folks are now heralding the Korean made guitars as being well constructed by experienced luthiers. Usually that's a nod to the Sammick corporation.

Archived