No announcement yet.

Squier Standard Telecaster Owners...Ive got a question

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier Standard Telecaster Owners...Ive got a question

Hello. I have a 2004 Squier Tele has been a pretty decent guitar so far except for one thing. The input jack never stays in the guitar. I dont know if it is a crappy part or if there is something I can do to the stock one to make it stay in. I was juist wondering if anyone had the same problems. Also I was wondering where I could get a replacement part that actually stays in. Maybe one that screws into the guitar instead of the ones that are just fit in the hole. Thank you in advance for your wisdom. Good day.
    bah humbug.

You're looking for OUTput jack advice, just so you know.
    Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

That's fairly common with Tele's, especially cheaper ones. Just get a new output jack and plate; it should cost you just a few bucks. If you don't know how to put it in, have a tech do it. It's a 3 minute job and they'd only charge maybe $5 labor.

Comment

Thanks and my apolgies about using the wrong term. Thank you for correcting it because I was never quite sure which it was.
        bah humbug.

Comment

If it's just the nut working loose from around the shaft of the jack, you might try brushing some clear fingernail polish over it to lock the nut. You'll have no problem loosening it with a wrench later.
          Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Actually, allparts sells one that screws in with two angled screws. I put one on my project tele and it worked out very nicely.
            FREE DCinDC!!!

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's damn near sig worthy

but seriously, don't you think just maybe, possibly, quite interestingly enough, it could be YOU?

My gear:
            2008 Fender American standard strat
            Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
            Fender Deluxe Players Strat - FOR SALE
            SX SST62 - FOR SALE
            Custom made Tele
            Fender Super Champ XD - Amazing amp
            Vox AC4TV - Love it
            Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
            Squier Classic vibe 50's Tele AND strat!! (strat is FOR SALE)

Comment

Working...
            X