Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluate a trade I made on Friday!!!

On Friday I traded $200 and a mint 2001 USA Fender Tele in see thru Olympic white with a maple neck and fretboard for a minty 2003 Fender Eric Clapton sig strat in the solid black color with the maple neck/board. I think I made out like a bandit, especially since I don't play the tele too much at all. Thoughts?

If you're happy with the EC Strat, I think you did fine.
    The new blog is up and almost devoid of meaningful content! http://www.kenschuller.com/

Also, stay tuned for musicianswebhosting.com - turnkey Web site packages priced right for working bands - Web sites, HTML newsletters, Podcasting, blogs and more!

Comment

I guess it comes down to the condition of both instruments, and which one you prefer. As far as price goes YOU > HIM.
      ------------------------------------
      Ibanez S1625TKS w/ EMG 81/60
      1987 American Kramer Baretta w/ Duncan JB
      Peavey 5150II w/ JJ High Gain re-tube
      Peavey 5150 Cab w/o Ghey Peavey Logo
      ------------------------------------

Comment

don't know about the actual value of these guitars, but I'd take a strat over a tele any day...
        Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Comment

Both guitars were in great shape. Both were players guitars, but they had been taken care of very nicely.

Comment

Because the Strat's an EC sig and probably with the quiet Lace Sensor pups, I think you did real well. Although there are some people who think Tele's are the greatest, if it's not your style, you have dealt with the problem!
            Enjoy!

Comment

Actually it's the newer version with the Noiseless pickups...which are considered an upgrade from the Lace Sensors...I love them. They are really loud too...

Comment

Right on!

Comment

Well then, no lace sensors!!!! SCORE!!!!!

I say thats a damn smart trade!

Comment

Well done.
                    THE MAZI BEE MILITIA

Comment

Let's sum this up:

1. You got the better guitar, with better resale.
                      2. You received about $1,200 (given a years play) for roughly $700 ($500 for the Tele with 3 years play + 200 cash).

3. You won big my friend. Enjoy the EC.

And
                      If you traded with a friend, you should buy him a lunch.

Comment

Working...
                      X