Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: There are just some bands...

that make my brain shut down all thoughts of future gear acquisitions and make me want to just rock the hell out with the gear I have.
    Saw an opening band who I'd never heard of the other night, but they kicked ass and rocked harder than any band I've seen in a while. Just straight up easy, catchy, rock and roll with the stage presence to match, jumping off the bass drum, running around the stage, etc.

Discuss...anyone have any similar experiences?

Yeah, sometimes. When The Hold Steady comes on my iPod I often feel that way. Sometimes bands will inspire me to forget my pedal board and just crank my amp, but I'm just too used to my board.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Yeah, sometimes. When The Hold Steady comes on my iPod I often feel that way. Sometimes bands will inspire me to forget my pedal board and just crank my amp, but I'm just too used to my board.

So, I didn't know who The Hold Steady were and went to YT to take a listen. Here's an actual comment that I thought was hilarious: "Sort of like Randy Newman fronting Green Day covering? a song that didn't quite make it onto Born To Run."
      All there really is, is virtue and vice.

Comment

Japandroids - Young Hearts Spark Fire

Bridge pickup, anyone?

EDIT: The studio sounds a lot better.

Originally Posted by Caesar

Funny, I just sold my HOG for $420 on ebay. It's a great pedal, but, much like my brain, I only used 10% of it's features.

Originally Posted by TravvyBear

After many pickup/guard swaps, I thought refinishing it blue would make it sound the best.

Comment

Seeing Blackberry Smoke on Palladia lately. Great Southern Rock band with cool songs and 'Classic' Rock tones. They're a steady listen on my iPod.

Comment

So, I didn't know who The Hold Steady were and went to YT to take a listen. Here's an actual comment that I thought was hilarious: "Sort of like Randy Newman fronting Green Day covering? a song that didn't quite make it onto Born To Run."

Haha that's fair
            Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Usually the opposite happens. Especially with effects. I really want to get a good tremolo pedal because my band's covering this:

Information is not knowledge
              Knowledge is not wisdom
              Wisdom is not truth
              Truth is not beauty
              Beauty is not love
              Love is not music.
              Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Haha that's fair

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a wise-ass, that really was a comment on the firt tune that came up on YT. But after listening for a minute, I honestly thought it was a pretty fair assessment.
                All there really is, is virtue and vice.

Comment

^^Yeah, but I still like the band

Comment

Working...
                  X