In celebration of the forum's return, a pic-heavy NGD and a family shot.

poolshark

• Members

Obligatory glamour shot:

1TeleProject012.jpg

The shot above is technically the only NGD shot (or at least the only one I'm happy with), as I've been gigging it pretty hard for the last month or better. Here it is with a different (nickel) control plate and a fair - really, really fair - amount of sweat and guts:

1Tele008.jpg

1Tele002.jpg

1Tele011.jpg

With its bash-around brothers:

1Tele015.jpg

And heck, the whole family. Everybody has to have one black (or white) sheep:

1Tele021.jpg

Oh, and specs! Almost forgot.

Neck: Warmoth custom order, Indian Rosewood on Quartersawn maple, reverse headstock, boatneck profile, SS 6105 frets, Graphtech Tusq nut and finished in Teak oil by yours truly

Body: Wildwood, one piece swamp ash, Tobacco Sunburst by Mark Jenny / MJT, light relic

Electronics: Lollar Special Ts, CTS pots, Orange Drop cap, Oak-Grigsby 4-way switch

Hardware: Nickel everything, Gotoh vintage tuners, Allparts bridge, Allparts knobs and control plate, Electrosocket jack plate

This is my second ground-up partscaster, and after learning from the few mistakes I made on the first build, I couldn't be happier with this one. The sound is distinctly Telecaster, but the pickups and mounting method (IMO) give it a little more muscle than its vintagey counterparts. The whole thing weighs about 6lbs 10oz, so it's easy on the back, and easy to toss around if you're anything like me. Love everything about the Warmoth neck - fat profile, quartersawn maple, double action truss rod, stainless frets, the whole bit. I had a blast building this little firebreather, and it's quickly garnered itself a permanent slot in my stable. Just figured I'd share - thanks for looking, and welcome back. :)

Archived