Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

"Dixie Blue Custom Strat" on ebay. Is it worth the time? Anybody heard of this line?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dixie Blue Custom Strat" on ebay. Is it worth the time? Anybody heard of this line?

So I was on ebay, and I saw a brand I've never heard of. It's a Dixie Blue Custom Strat. I was wondering what people thought, and if it was worth the low bids.

It seems strange because it has a Cort neckplate on the back, but the body isn't anything like Corts strat ripoff, nor is the neck. So I'm thinking this might be a parts guitar. The neck looks nice on it though, it also looks like it has a brass nut on it. Any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271138394890?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 <--- link to it.

Just looking it over and saw the Fender Japan tuners on it to, so I'm thinking this has to be a partocaster. Just wondering where the body, neck, and pickups came from at this point I guess. It'd be nice if it was all japanese fender parts besides the neckplate though!

Comment

Depends on your options. If you have the money I'd say go for it. It seems to have better parts than most low end guitars, and for around $80 where it's at now, you'd probably have a decent deal at least. It's always hard saying buying on the internet though since you can't hold it in your hands and play it. Hope this helps, good luck!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="#4b0082">Past Deals: jmiller475</font><br><br><font size="1"><b><u>Current Gear</u></b></font><br><br><font size="1">Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet<br><br>Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus<br><br>Squier Vintage Modified Mustang<br><br>Fender Mustang III Amplifier<br><br>Squier Standard Precision Bass V<br><br>Belcat POP15B amp</font></div>

Comment

Depends upon what you want from a guitar. I don't think I would be willing to bid very much.

Comment

I am not sure that I would want to bid very much. It depends what you are looking for.

Comment

Japanese Strat neck

One brightside is if you notice in their pics the neck doesn't have a skunk stripe, and it looks like some japanese strat reissues don't have them either. So maybe you found something good that somebody decided to butcher or something. If I had money I'd probably be bidding you up though. Which is realistically one of the downsides of pointing out a deal. Once again good luck, and if I find any more info I'll let you know.

Attached Files
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="#4b0082">Past Deals: jmiller475</font><br><br><font size="1"><b><u>Current Gear</u></b></font><br><br><font size="1">Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet<br><br>Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus<br><br>Squier Vintage Modified Mustang<br><br>Fender Mustang III Amplifier<br><br>Squier Standard Precision Bass V<br><br>Belcat POP15B amp</font></div>

Comment

I agree silhouette, without knowing too much I think the highest I'm paying is $85 including shipping. Igamikun thanks for the info, I don't have a lot to put down on it, but if I do win who knows maybe I'll have something good (a japanese strat would be awesome!). Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

• billybilly
                billybilly commented
                Editing a comment

The neck appears chunky with a flat radius.  You'll have to replace that block on the trem though(or the whole trem), it's so thin it could snap.  If you like to tinker I say hit it.

Working...
            X