No announcement yet.

Evaluate My Trade!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluate My Trade!

Ok, so I just traded my Hamer SATF purple burst double cut LP. I never got it sounding like I wanted, didn't play it much (mainly got it for the awesome finish, as I love purple), and I am trying to unload some gear for a Gibson blowout LP I have on layaway at GC. So my Hamer wasn't selling on craigslist, but one guy offered an even trade for an Ibanez RG4EX1. I took the trade, thinking the superstrat would be easier to unload so that I can get that LP. Thing is, I think I regret my trade. What do you guys think?
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Sounds like a fair trade to me.....and I believe you are correct in thinking the Ibanez will sell before the satf.

A-traders: cbh5150, zuzuman, Bro Blue, mtrejo, robotechnology, jsonnenblick, Highway_61, digi, RUExp, cptnmayonnaise, egnorth, xnatex, hz1952, Metalhead Mike, ProjectX, Gearaholic, A3C, joemudge4, vangkm, Mr JinX, Tweedledee, Moon Shadow, luke978, zuzuman, guitarman_nebr, raine36, stevestevens, xtchc1978, symmetry2170, GW348, jforsythe, young_grandma(x2), gibsfend, ogreki11er, BigF, JEHA, Big Happy, DataDeluxeRev, SnoMan97, gripside80, blind radish, Phillbis, detranova, big Idiot, super56k, Advv

Comment

• harold heckuba
      harold heckuba commented
      Editing a comment

They have a used Ibanez like yours for $149 at my local GC used.

What were you hoping to get out of the Hamer?

Same model? Well ****************. I looked them up, and the brand new price was $450. Brand new on the Hamer is $350, and I was hoping to get $250 for it.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• xrleroyx
      xrleroyx commented
      Editing a comment
      While they're great guitars, you'll be lucky to get $200 man.

Update - I plugged it in, and it really sounds great. I'm not a fan of that type of whammy bridge, but if I get stuck with this damn thing (which I fear will be the case), at least it's a beastly sounding guitar. Gotta get used to that Wizard II neck, though. Hard to wrap my thumb around that thing, and I do that a lot.

Comment

Working...
    X