My first NGD of the "New Harmony Central"

aliensporebomb

• Members

Long story short but used (but minty new condition) Carvin ST300, Holdsworth 20" Neck Carve, Holdsworth Headstock, Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets, Bookmatched Flametop with matching headstock, Sperzel Locking Tuners, Wilkinson trem, 5 position pickup switching, volume, tone, hard case, all paperwork, warranty cards, build list, the case key was even in the little baggie plus the bag with all the allen wrenches for the bridge and truss rod and whammy bar were all included.

ST300

ST300

ST300

ST300

• Members

I thought at first it would be similar to my Jackson Soloist that I've owned for 15 years - maple thru neck, alder body sides but this has the maple top.  This actually sounds really fat, like a Les Paul with the sustain you'd expect from a neck thru.  I suspect it's the thick Holdsworth neck.  Clean tone it's very clean and present.  I did a cheesy demo the first thing after I got the guitar home here http://madsound.dyndns.org/guitars/carvin/ST300_Demo.mp3

The swelled chords are on the bridge pickup with the tone all the way up and then I did some leads over the top.  Not fast either - the tone of the guitar made me want to slow down and get to know it first.

Getting used to that 20" radius neck too, a little different than what I'm used to.  

Archived