Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jagmaster redo project...any thoughts/ideas?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jagmaster redo project...any thoughts/ideas?

Okay, really like my new Jagmaster...such a cool guitar.  However, due to some mods that were done by the previous owner (switch moved to the back, strat-style plug cup), I want to make a few changes.  Bought one of these Switchcraft switches today.  It's a 3-way switch, instead of the 2-way that's currently in the guitar.  I want to move the switch back to the lower horn, where it was originally.  Since there will be an extra hole in the pickguard (where the jack used to be), I'm thinking about putting a coil-tap switch in that spot.  I had thought about putting two different tone pots/knobs, as another option...  I'm curious as to your thoughts/ideas on this guitar.  

I also have a set of chrome Epi LP pickups that I've considered dropping in there, just to dress it up a bit, or getting a set of pup covers for these current pups.

switch.jpg

Here's a quick pic of the wiring right now:

Attached Files
    My Gear:
    2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
    Takamine acoustic
    Fender P-Bass

no thoughts?

My Gear:
    2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
    Takamine acoustic
    Fender P-Bass

Comment

• Strung_Out
      Strung_Out commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say rather than a single coil tap, put in two tone pots but make them push/pull for coil splitting on both pickups. It would give you better variety and more tone options.

Working...
X