X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on electric guitar pickups.

Hello!
    I would like to know what you would reommend in terms of guitar pickups.
    I'm looking for a clear punchy sound, but no too much, and also warm.
    I was thinking maybe a high output pickup like the Seymour Duncan SH-15 Alternative.
    I dabble in hard rock, psychedelic but also metal; I play a 7 string Ibanez guitar with an Orange Rockerverb and a Marshall cab.

What do you guys think I should get?

Can you help me?

Any humbucker ever? .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

Depends a little bit on the rest of your setup, whether you run a lot of effects, etc. But there's a LOT of warm punchy humbuckers out there.

Comment

• lefort_1
      lefort_1 commented
      Editing a comment

does it have to be a 7-string, or are you looking at adding another (6-string) guitar? If a 6'er, I'd look into some of the TV Jones/gretsche-analogy pickups (filtertron, supertron) ... warm, punchy great clean or distorted.

MajorX wrote:

Hello!
    I would like to know what you would reommend in terms of guitar pickups.
    I'm looking for a clear punchy sound, but no too much, and also warm.
    I was thinking maybe a high output pickup like the Seymour Duncan SH-15 Alternative.
    I dabble in hard rock, psychedelic but also metal; I play a 7 string Ibanez guitar with an Orange Rockerverb and a Marshall cab.

What do you guys think I should get?

Can you help me?

Try the amp forum.  I can't recall too many 7-string related posts here on HCEG.  There has been a good bit on Amps in the past (pre-HC 3.0), not sure if any of those guys are still posting.

The music is like colorful garbage artfully thrown upon yr. lawnDie Now - Live Later

Comment

Strongly recommend sevenstring.org for discussion and info on 7 string pickups. There are a lot of fads that come and go, but lots of great indo too. Currently there's a lotta love for BareKnuckles Black Hawks.
      http://deathapedisco.bandcamp.com/ --- Album streaming here

Comment

Working...
      X