Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Best 2012 album

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 2012 album

All genres, which is at the top of your list?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Spectrum Road debut album of the same name, with Vernon Reid on guitar, Jack Bruce on bass, and Carlos Santana's wife on drums. 

It's a Tony Williams Lifetime Tribute band of sorts, they do a lot of Tony Williams Lifetime songs.

Comment

• peskypesky
      peskypesky commented
      Editing a comment

humbuckerstrat wrote:

Spectrum Road debut album of the same name, with Vernon Reid on guitar, Jack Bruce on bass, and Carlos Santana's wife on drums. 

It's a Tony Williams Lifetime Tribute band of sorts, they do a lot of Tony Williams Lifetime songs.

Ooh! That sounds sweet! I will have to check that out.

A lot of great albums came out last year. I'm still playing catch-up.

Runners up would include:

Baroness - Yellow and Green

Kimbra - Vows

Two Gallants - The Bloom and The Blight

Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory

The Whigs - Enjoy The Company

Father John Misty - Fear Fun

But at the top of my list is a rather odd choice for me. Two young sisters from Sweden who can seemingly write better songs than anybody in Nashville. This album has a sweetness and honesty of a group not yet ruined by the American music scene. The production and playing on the album is top notch (produced by the guitarist from Bright Eyes), and I hope to hear more from them in the future.

First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar

Comment

• mschafft
      mschafft commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks for sharing. That's really good!

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

Special J wrote:

A lot of great albums came out last year. I'm still playing catch-up.

Runners up would include:

Baroness - Yellow and Green

Kimbra - Vows

Two Gallants - The Bloom and The Blight

Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory

The Whigs - Enjoy The Company

Father John Misty - Fear Fun

But at the top of my list is a rather odd choice for me. Two young sisters from Sweden who can seemingly write better songs than anybody in Nashville. This album has a sweetness and honesty of a group not yet ruined by the American music scene. The production and playing on the album is top notch (produced by the guitarist from Bright Eyes), and I hope to hear more from them in the future.

First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar

good stuff in there, J.  that Baroness album set has kept regular rotation for me.  FWIW, i also liked  "king animal" from soundgarden.  

these were good too:

Deftones "koi no yokan"
      Nada Surf "the stars are indifferent to astronomy"

Mark Lanegan "blues funeral"
      Corrosion of Conformity "self-titled"
      Dirty Three "toward the low sun"
      the killers "battle born"
      Mumford & sons "babel"
      Neurosis "honor found in decay"

Michael Kiwanuka, Home Again.

Comment

I can't think of many right now, except I'm pretty sure Opeth's last record came out in 2012, and I liked it.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Working...
      X