No announcement yet.

Gibson les pauls

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson les pauls

hey guys i'm new here but need help urgently I always wanted to get a gibson les paul but i'm always doubting and I need to settle this, i'm between the standard traditional and custom, I'm aware that the standard uses Burstbuckers, traditional uses 57 classic and the Custom PAF, now I'm not sure what all of it means and need help, I play classic rock, desert rock like to have a dirty sounding guitar with some good sustain and I play lead. Thank you so much ! :smiley-bounce013:

Burstbuckers are smoother than 57s to me. Both are sweet. I think the Customs have 490R/498T sets, which are solid, all-around pickups.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

I like the Burstbuckers in my Standard Plus.  Had a 335 with 57s.  I'd probably go with 57s if I had the choice.

Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

For me, the Burstbuckers were not happening. I know lots of guys like them but I didn't get a PAF vibe from them. I swapped them out for WCR Crossroads whick I would think is closer to the 57s.

Comment

Working...
        X