No announcement yet.

QOTSA Tones on a budget?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QOTSA Tones on a budget?

Feeling the need for that homme-like goodness without getting too knit-picky. I read a post suggesting the joyo voodoo octave, would that get me in the ballpark? Other suggestions?
    Null.

humbucker guitar. preferably a semi hollow. amp turned up loud, dialed in dark. He uses old Ampegs. He boosts with usually something really middy to give him that really squawky lead tone. right now I think he uses one of those Parametric Filter pedals based on a Maestro, but in the past used a dunlop Q-zone. Fuzz can be really any octave fuzz, but he's always had a fulltone ultimate octave (great pedal). I use a wattson FY6 and it sounds pretty much the same ballpark.
    Last edited by Pewtershmit; 05-03-2014, 05:44 PM.
    Breaus, check out my youtube channel. pls.

Comment

be

Comment

I think getting that PDF-1 from Stone Deaf would get you on the fast track. Not sure about the "budget" though http://www.stonedeaffx.com/store.htm...roduct=3179314

hank
        One of the best guitar/bass effects and amplifier manufacturers on this earth. Helping musicians explore their creativity through superior tone.
        Guitar Effects / Stomp Box nerd blog | EffectsBay on Twitter | EffectsBay on Facebook | Pedal Finder

Comment

Originally posted by effectsbay View Post
          I think getting that PDF-1 from Stone Deaf would get you on the fast track. Not sure about the "budget" though http://www.stonedeaffx.com/store.htm...roduct=3179314

hank
          Yes. Been on my list for a little while, but its a hefty bitch.
          Breaus, check out my youtube channel. pls.

Comment

There is a rate DOD on enay its ted and white i think !!!

Comment

The Stone Deaf is awesome. I've got it at the tail end of my board and use it all the time! Plus a huge Homme Fan!
              Last edited by donking2010; 05-28-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Not sure if Homme still uses the Fulltone Ultimate Octave, but that's a good one to have for nailing his tone, or at least getting in the ballpark.

Comment

Working...
                X