OT - I quit my job

• Members

yup... I saw this one coming for a while everytime my boss's random road rage to random people would annoy me

yesterday he met with his parole officer for something and was a moody one after that..

my coworker and I had been working on a residential construction site for the past 3 weeks.. and for 3 weeks we've complained about not having the proper tools that we've requested, having to endure the consequences of poorly laid out decisions by our "boss".. that have extended the workload and the time to do such a stupid simple job..

yesterday I heard some arguing and I walk over to my coworker and boss to hear my coworker upset and defending himself.. my coworker says to me

"Emmanuel.. didn't we {censored}ing work hard on this site.. he's saying we took too long and didn't pull our own weight"

We did all the work.. our boss never even stepped down to the level where the work was actually being done .. I told the {censored}er that we could make a list of complaints if he wants..

he brushed it off and told us that he's paying us and for us to "Shut the {censored} up"

so I said "wow.. you can finish this job yourself" and started gathering my things

he started to panic and started yelling "oh now you have your money so you can just go, huh?" and he got in my FACE!!

this little piss ant knew I wouldn't touch him on site so he jumps into my face and starts telling me to punch him..

our BOSS on his client's property..

I told him if he even so much as touched me that I would not hesitate to harm him excessively.. and asked him if he really wanted me punching him on his client's property

"I sure do" is what he said.. as he stood there shaking and ready to brace himself ..

so I {censored}ing walked.. I yelled out that this idiot doesn't appreciate all the hard work we do so I'm choosing to keep my self respect.. I doubt his company will have many referrals in that neighbourhood..

so today I'm unemployed.. I need a new classical.. I'm thinking of busking....

I'm also going to see a friend's house to figure out my own estimates on doing some repair work.. perhaps I'll start a handyman business .. hmm...

anyway.. those are my rambles..

oh yeah.. on my way home, a hot black girl got off the bus at my stop to call after me and give me her number.. we didn't even speak a word on the bus

• Members
Originally posted by GorillaLover

oh yeah.. on my way home, a hot black girl got off the bus at my stop to call after me and give me her number.. we didn't even speak a word on the bus

you dealt with your asshole boss in a very calm and composed manner, and in return the buddha gave you this. the fatman provides. :cool:

and yea, unemployment bites. :(

• Members

yup... I saw this one coming for a while everytime my boss's random road rage to random people would annoy me

yesterday he met with his parole officer for something and was a moody one after that..

my coworker and I had been working on a residential construction site for the past 3 weeks.. and for 3 weeks we've complained about not having the proper tools that we've requested, having to endure the consequences of poorly laid out decisions by our "boss".. that have extended the workload and the time to do such a stupid simple job..

yesterday I heard some arguing and I walk over to my coworker and boss to hear my coworker upset and defending himself.. my coworker says to me

"Emmanuel.. didn't we {censored}ing work hard on this site.. he's saying we took too long and didn't pull our own weight"

We did all the work.. our boss never even stepped down to the level where the work was actually being done .. I told the {censored}er that we could make a list of complaints if he wants..

he brushed it off and told us that he's paying us and for us to "Shut the {censored} up"

so I said "wow.. you can finish this job yourself" and started gathering my things

he started to panic and started yelling "oh now you have your money so you can just go, huh?" and he got in my FACE!!

this little piss ant knew I wouldn't touch him on site so he jumps into my face and starts telling me to punch him..

our BOSS on his client's property..

I told him if he even so much as touched me that I would not hesitate to harm him excessively.. and asked him if he really wanted me punching him on his client's property

"I sure do" is what he said.. as he stood there shaking and ready to brace himself ..

so I {censored}ing walked.. I yelled out that this idiot doesn't appreciate all the hard work we do so I'm choosing to keep my self respect.. I doubt his company will have many referrals in that neighbourhood..

so today I'm unemployed.. I need a new classical.. I'm thinking of busking....

I'm also going to see a friend's house to figure out my own estimates on doing some repair work.. perhaps I'll start a handyman business .. hmm...

anyway.. those are my rambles..

You did well, I would have stuck a hammer through his face.

• Members

must be the biceps.

you did the right thing. not pulling the punches on your boss.

given the temper and attitude of your boss, its pretty amazing not to jump on him when he went into your face like that.

well, just keep moving and you'll find something to work on.

p.s the black girl ain't 17 is she?

• Members

And as with every good decision, you can tell if it's good by looking at what it produces...

:)

• Members

Good things happen when you stand up for your self. It's as if the universe rewards you for it. Well done!

PS: I noticed you're in Ottawa - what kind of work do you do in construction? I have a friend that just got hired as a proposal writer at a construction company, maybe I can get you her contact info and see if she can help you out.

• Members

oh well usually I was working government contracts managing the flow of correspondences and doing admin work..

for the summer I was doing residential construction work.. usually repairs in concrete, leaks repair, footings, etc.. nothing large scale..

but we've been doing a pretty good job of it.. so we're going after our own leads as handymen now! :)

thanks for the idea though, I really appreciate it!

• Members

In the U.S. if you quit your job, you are ineligible for unemployment, so often an employer will goad a person to quit rather than outright firing them or laying them off, because if they don't have a clear cut reason to fire you, then they have to pay you unemployment.

How is it in Canada?

• Members

It depends. If you can prove you had reasonable cause, or if you quit to move someplace because of your partner's work for instance, you are eligible.

At least you used to be last time I had contact with the system, which was awhile ago.

Archived