Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the "fuzz" feature on the Fulltone OctaFuzz any good? I might buy the big box version.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "fuzz" feature on the Fulltone OctaFuzz any good? I might buy the big box version.

There's a store in town that's selling a big box Fulltone OctaFuzz, it'll come to appx. $100 taxes-in.

I'm already a sucker for Fulltone pedals seing as I already own five of them and this one has got my attention.  I already have a Voodoo Lab Proctavia but I might just buy this Fulltone OctaFuzz and sell the Proctavia.

I like the fact that there's a selector switch on the OctaFuzz that toggles between "OctaFuzz" and "Fuzz" modes.  This pedal could maybe be used as a 2-in-1 pedal?  I'm not 100% sure how useful the "fuzz" mode is since I've never demoed this particular pedal but a couple of videos made it sound promising.

Are any of you guys familiar with the "fuzz" feature of this pedal and what do you think?

The plain fuzz is pretty good on the OctaFuzz. Kinda like a Fuzz Face but maybe a little more ratty. For $100 you can't go wrong and you can flip it and get your money back if you don't like it.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatl<br><br><br><br><font color="red">Bad Deals: Hello Music &amp; Cascade Microphones</font></font></div>

Comment

• Beef
      Beef commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never played it myself but rumor is Gary Clark Jr. uses one a lot and his fuzz sounds are pretty awesome IMO.

Yes, I have the big box version myself and both modes are excellent. Like what was previously said it's akin to a fuzz face. It's pretty damn big sounding.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font face="Georgia"><font size="3">Listen to my band's new song &quot;Clover&quot; and download our albums free.</font></font> </font><font face="Georgia"><font size="3"><a target="_blank" href="http://modgun.bandcamp.com">modgun.bandcamp.com</a></font></font><br><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• christianatl
      christianatl commented
      Editing a comment

I know Josh Homme likes it, and that's good enough for me!

Doood, Homme plays an Ultimate Octave, which is a Foxx TM derivate. Different pedal is different.

Both modes on the Octafuzz sound really good. Describing the non octave mode as a ratty fuzz face is spot-on.
    Take it

Comment

I want the maestro cuz of the eagles " one of these nights" solo or was that the mosrite?

Comment

U need to try the skin pimp buzzaround w 4 knobs, one knob is gated, ita a bad biyatch

Comment

Working...
      X