Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VanHalen/CNN - news-

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/10/music.vanhalen.reut/index.html

from the front page -

but hes no cannon
    ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
    Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
    carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

I think this was posted last week.
      ------
      Bon Jovi Tribute Band
      My Site
      http://www.rockerdad.org
      Digitech Artist Page
      D'addario Artist Page

Comment

i have taken a serious beating on this board defending all things EVH.

this is the dumbest fookin thing i've ever seen anyone do. they better not try to put a "reunion" tour package w/ DLR and have wolfie playing bass..

WTF happened to this great band?

Comment

Originally posted by evhfan

Drugs.

Wolfie has big ol' sausage fingers.....
          Originally Posted by PHILL MOSSING

Women's restrooms look like a place where chimpanzees are killed by hand.

Member of the Eye Spy Community-Military Intelligence (All Three)

"She'd look great on the end of my crank!" Ray "Bluenote" Marquette

Harmony Central Geeezer Brigade Wannabe #1

Comment

i have taken a serious beating on this board defending all things EVH.

this is the dumbest fookin thing i've ever seen anyone do. they better not try to put a "reunion" tour package w/ DLR and have wolfie playing bass..

drugs,money and ego's....

ive seen the real deal 15 times (at least..ive lost count)....but ive only seen Sam-Halen 1 time...im not sure i would go to see this..unless Ed stops being a goon..wouldnt be worth it unless that happens...and i dont see it..if Ed was in shape like he was say 5 years ago or so..yeah.i might..but if its like he was on the last tour..im not about to waste money on crap.

Comment

Hmmmmmm....

Well, Eddie:

1) Can't get along with his singer
              2) Can't get along with his replacement singer
              3) Can't get along with his wife
              4) Can't get along with his bass player

Starting to look like a pattern here.

That said, there are not many rock & roll bands that can rock as good after about 30 years as they could when they were young. Back in the 70's when VanHalen was young and hungry- nobody could touch them.
              I'm not deaf..... I'm ignoring you

Comment

I know of one ticket they are sure to sell

MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

this is the dumbest thing ever...

which promoters would actually agree to a tour w/ wolfie on bass?

DLR better not friggin agree to tour w/ this lineup...

what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by GasMask
                    Hmmmmmm....

Well, Eddie:

1) Can't get along with his singer
                    2) Can't get along with his replacement singer
                    3) Can't get along with his wife
                    4) Can't get along with his bass player

Starting to look like a pattern here.

That said, there are not many rock & roll bands that can rock as good after about 30 years as they could when they were young. Back in the 70's when VanHalen was young and hungry- nobody could touch them.

I would tend to disagree. I think bands can sound better with age as their playing matures, IF they can keep their heads together. But yeah, there is something to be said for youthful enthusiasm, and VH had that in spades.

It woud have been great to see VH keep it together and play through their 50's like the Stones, Priest, Eagles, and other bands have done. It doesn't look like that will happen. And if it does, it doesn't appear that it will be done with any style or class.

But hey, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ed will pull himself out of whatever this funk he is in and remind us all of why he was the baddest dude in town in his day. It could still happen.
                    Diddlybo
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
                    My current amp selection:
                    Carr Slant6V, Allen Accomplice, Rivera R-30 Thirty-twelve, Fender ChampII, Tech21 Trademark 10

Good HCAF transactions with hal9000, guitup, Anibas and ARS.

Comment

i was watching this bootleg dvd last night from San Francisco in 1992...ed was ON FIRE (pun intended)...

i still think he can play if he wants to, ...but having wolfie replace the great MA is the last straw in my book.

(just think, valerie gave birth to the guy that's replacing MA - how dumb is that)

right now sammy is laughing it up

Comment

So how long will it be untill Eddie and Wolfgang hate each other?
                        My RigMy avatar-

Comment

Originally posted by skibob

3 full shows

Comment

Originally posted by skibob

"Wolfie, you've been a bad boy - back to the tour bus! Don't come out until Portland..."

On the flip side, who would let their 15 year old son go on tour with that ol drunk???
                            Official Heart of Stone web site -

www.myspace.com/hosband

Comment

I wonder when the money is being counted if Wolfie is gonna make out ok , or if Ed and Al are gonna screw him financially like they did Mike.
                              Proud Member of H.O.M. - Norcal Engineering Division

Mouth wah Rules!!!

"Guthrie is so good that it's EVIL!" - Ben Litchman

If you cant understand.. Hey I do not Understand. BIll

"Knuckle down and buy one, Dont settle for some Korean piece of crap that got stamped out for a bowl of rice..."

Originally posted by Anderton

thought rather than wait for someone else to start that topic, I'd do it myself. Here's why.

I have talked with Rob and we agreed he will post in NO Amp forum threads other than the Tech Thread. If he does post in any other threads, he will be banned.

I realize that will be a real temptation for some of you to just let loose in new threads, knowing he won't reply. Rob understands that as well, but a deal's a deal.

As to the tech thread itself, it seems most people "get" it and aren't interested in drama, but just want their questions answered or discuss topics of interest. Already there have been some great contributions from various members of the HC community. There are links to useful resources. There's a lot of good stuff. I don't want that thread to be about Rob, James, or anyone for that matter. I want it to be a flame-free zone about amp technology, and apparently, so do a lot of you.

But this an experiment. If the idea of a thread devoted solely to "non-denominational" tech subjects doesn't fly, or if people can't keep negative aspects of their personalities out of it, I see no need to subject anyone, especially the HC community, to an untenable situation. At that point I would archive the useful information and close the thread.

Let's turn down the volume for a couple weeks and see what happens. Nothing is set in stone. All I care about is a site that takes care of people's needs. A lot of you feel that a dedicated tech thread is a useful addition. I think so too; time will tell. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X