No announcement yet.

Grounding my amp

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding my amp

On the back of my amp it says 'equipment must be grounded'. This might sound like a stupid question but if i place my amp on top of table and plug it in does that count as grounded? I wanna see how the amp sounds at ear level as if i were an audience listening to a band on stage.

Lolwut

Comment

fark im stupid. dont worry lol

Comment

You seem like a nice guy, I thought this was a troll thread at first lol. It means you need to plug it into a grounded outlet. It doesn't literally have to be on the ground.

Comment

Fiddles: Gibson Les Paul Classic
          Warmoth homebuilt Strat
          Xaviere XV-550

Amps: Splawn Quick Rod and matching 2x12
          Laney VC-30112

good dealings with/trade references: MRAAJR, SMASHINGTIME, STRATOSLACKER, MASTERBURRFOOT, BLUPLIRST

Comment

Damn... thought I was going to find out how to install a three prong plug properly so I don't have to take it to a tech...

Vintage V100 ICON "Lemon Drop" Fender American Standard StratocasterSeagull Entourage Rustic S6Traynor Custom Special 50 (YCS50)Traynor YGM-4

Good transaction with: NickPierro

Comment

You seem like a nice guy, I thought this was a troll thread at first lol. It means you need to plug it into a grounded outlet. It doesn't literally have to be on the ground.

oh i see, is that why it is a three prong outlet and not two

Comment

Working...
              X