X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Mod 50/100

Anybody ever tried one of these? They seem like a real desert island amp and endlessly versatile.
    Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

I'd love to try out a mod50 head with the oversize 1x12 cab.
    The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Super awesome amps, if the Axe-FX couldn't pull off what the Egnater did I would not have sold it.

That said, the Egnater stuff tends to be more refined and polite which to me is a plus, others may not be into it though. It just always sounded pleasing to the ear.
      HD Kemper Demo Videos for your brain!

PRS SE Baritone FS - $525 with PRS gig bag

Originally Posted by Billyblades

I am anarchy ! You sir, are an ****************************!

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

All that said, I'm still a jackass.

Originally Posted by ComOp

The first rule of HCAF is that you ****************ing die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Nerine 8/2/2011

Not a ****************ing chance. Seriously. Sig it bishes

Musics: http://soundcloud.com/valtiel

Good deals with: Killing Nevada, Weathered, sam adams, JohnathanD, missingastring, thefyn, Killzone, LoopQuantum, MR MARCUS

Comment

fantastic amps.
        BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
        Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

I played a mod 50 through a standard sized port city 2X12 using whatever module is modeled after the TOL and it was literally the most amazing warm organic lead tone I had ever heard.

Hands down better than an XTC or shiva. It was THAT good.
          Guitars
          Tokai LS150 - Sheptone Bryan Kahaek Signature pickups - Mystic Dream MM JP6 - G&L Comanche

Amps - Cabs
          Splawn "MUFASA" Nitro - Mako MAK4 Preamp - Jet City 100H w/JJ KT66's, 22H & Pico Valve - Whitebox Engineering 2x12, PortCity OS212 - Splawn 4X12

Kemper Profiling Amp - u mad?

Visit my music page

Watch my amp demo videos on Youtube

Member of the Jet Setters

Comment

hmmmm...... wish there was one near to try it out. anyone know if any nashville shops have them?

Comment

They are not easy to find in a store. I don't think that they are that easy to find online! Check Egnater's site for dealers and ask each one what they have in stock.

I have a RM50 combo and a RM100 head and love them. Sure, they are not the super sexy Mod series (which I would love to own) but the modular concept has me hooked.
              "Take the time to pull the weeds choking flowers in your life." J.Cantrell

Comment

I played a mod 50 through a standard sized port city 2X12 using whatever module is modeled after the TOL and it was literally the most amazing warm organic lead tone I had ever heard.

Hands down better than an XTC or shiva. It was THAT good.

That would probably have been the EG3/4, one of the first modules I owned. I've never played a Shiva, and I played a friends XTC a long time ago and I would be inclined to agree. The EG3/4 IMO is the perfect Marshall tone. It is definitely a lot warmer than your standard Marshall fare but that works because IMO most Marshall's (JCM800/Plexi) are a bit too bright to begin with.

Axe-FX aside, I will definitely have more Egnater stuff in the future.
                HD Kemper Demo Videos for your brain!

PRS SE Baritone FS - $525 with PRS gig bag

Originally Posted by Billyblades

I am anarchy ! You sir, are an ****************************!

Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

All that said, I'm still a jackass.

Originally Posted by ComOp

The first rule of HCAF is that you ****************ing die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Nerine 8/2/2011

Not a ****************ing chance. Seriously. Sig it bishes

Musics: http://soundcloud.com/valtiel

Good deals with: Killing Nevada, Weathered, sam adams, JohnathanD, missingastring, thefyn, Killzone, LoopQuantum, MR MARCUS

Comment

MOD50 may be the ultimate amp...

Two interchangeable slots for four channels of sweet tone...anything from pristine clean to all out metal (if you use a Randall module...heh)

Nice and balanced power section with 1/2 and full power option..

Killer tone...

Am currently sporting Randall RM50HB and a pair of Egnater M4s.....since I preferred the more agressive edge from the Randall.
                  SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

I LOVE my Mod 50. If I had a few more bucks I might have gone with the M4 + an RT2/50, but it the 50 is just an incredible sounding amp. I'm playing it through their Tourmaster 2x12 loaded with the stock CL80s.

Mine is loaded with the VX and a modified EG3/4 module.

The VX module is my favorite of all the ones I've tried. Also, contrary to some other posts Bruce's customer service is excellent. That is from my personal experience.

Comment

So wait.... You're telling me the Randall rm series is the same as this egnater stuff? I know it's the same concept, but the modules are interchangeable?
                      Fargen Hot Modded Fender DeVille 410
                      1994 Crate Vintage Club 50 212

Fender '72 RI Telecaster Deluxe
                      Fender Nashville Telecaster
                      Fender Jaguar Baritone HH Special

Line6 M13
                      Ibanez TS9DX

Originally Posted by Cookie Monster

ENGL, the best SS tone you'll ever get from a tube amp!

Comment

So wait.... You're telling me the Randall rm series is the same as this egnater stuff? I know it's the same concept, but the modules are interchangeable?

The modules are indeed interchangeable, but all of the Randall series will only access channel A of the Egnater dual modules. The RM100 can access both with a modification. None of the others can do that.

All of the modular stuff was designed by Bruce I'm pretty sure. A lot of people describe the RM100 as a more modern sounding amp than the Mod50 or Mod100.

Comment

Both the Randall RM series and the Egnator are the best tube/analog amp idea EVER...
                          Stuff: Jackson Kelly w/SD JB/Jazz
                          Randall RM100
                          Carvin Legacy 4x12 cab
                          Pod XT Live
                          BBE Sonic Maximizer

I used to give a ****************, but the turd got smaller and smaller until there was no **************** left to give...

Comment

damn... just when I was wanting to blow all of my money on recording gear.....

Comment

Go check out Rig-talk for some killer Randall/Egnater MTS deals right now...
                              SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

Working...
                              X