Mesa Triple Rectifier 2 Chan Series Loop Mod complete! Someone triple check my work!

DarkIntension

• Members

Ok. So, so far so good. Loop works and sounds great with me delay in it. It retains a nice warmth with the DD-6. With the rest of the amp, everything sounds a bit tighter and has a real nice feel so I believe I did the mod right?? haha. The only thing I noticed is that there is no more "Loop" LED turning off and on (assuming because of the disable ON/OFF Loop that is footswitchable).

• Members

I guess not, lol. That does look like the pictures I have seen in the past.

I have been thinking about doing this myself. I got a POD HD500 I run 4CM for FX, and I am not able to do this with the Triple because of the parallel loop.

So, if you don't plug anything in to the loop, you get no sound now?

• Members

Only if the loop is activated do you need the jumper cable. If you bypass the loop it'll work without one! I'm liking it a lot with the mod. My delays are much warmer and well blended.

I was just curious. I have heard even with this mod there was still some bleed. I wasn't sure.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've been really considering doing this to my tremoverb. Does it help with the "tone suck" that happens with the loop engaged?

You don't need to do a "mod" to do away with that. I swapped out the stock Shuguang 12ax7 for a GE 5751 in my Tremoverb, and the tone suck disappeared.

I set my send at just past unity for driving log cables + multiple pedals, the mix at 100% watch the channel levels so you don't introduce to much compression.

Before I swapped in the 5751's I refused to use the loop because of the change in tone/feel, and ran everything up front. Now with three pedals and 35 ft of cable I'd be hard pressed to tell you if it's on or not without looking at the fx loop led.

I know some people have had issues with phase problems and certain fx, but I've never had this issue. I've run delay, chorus, trem/panner/leslie fx, pitchshifters/octave pedals, and none of them have given me a problem.

• Members

You don't need to do a "mod" to do away with that. I swapped out the stock Shuguang 12ax7 for a GE 5751 in my Tremoverb, and the tone suck disappeared.

I set my send at just past unity for driving log cables + multiple pedals, the mix at 100% watch the channel levels so you don't introduce to much compression.

Before I swapped in the 5751's I refused to use the loop because of the change in tone/feel, and ran everything up front. Now with three pedals and 35 ft of cable I'd be hard pressed to tell you if it's on or not without looking at the fx loop led.

I know some people have had issues with phase problems and certain fx, but I've never had this issue. I've run delay, chorus, trem/panner/leslie fx, pitchshifters/octave pedals, and none of them have given me a problem.

This problem is generally with MultiFX units, not individual pedals...

Archived