Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with this latest Craigslist scam?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with this latest Craigslist scam?

I've been getting emails about my Blackstar, saying, "hey, give me a call", and then leave a bogus phone number.. I only tried calling once, and did it from my work phone. I guess they want you to email them back saying the number's no good, to get your email address? I've ignored, and deleted the others since..

Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus - Cherry SunburstGibson Les Paul Standard Translucent AmberRandall Diavlo RD45HMesa Boogie Single Rectifier(2) Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12'sMXR Wylde ODMXR Black Label ChorusMXR 10-Band EQBoss DD-3Hardwire RV-7 ReverbISP Decimator

I've been getting emails about my Blackstar, saying, "hey, give me a call", and then leave a bogus phone number.. I only tried calling once, and did it from my work phone. I guess they want you to email them back saying the number's no good, to get your email address? I've ignored, and deleted the others since..

Comment

craigslist allows emails through them, it doesn't reveal your actual email address
      GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!

Comment

On CL, initial email correspondence is anonymous.
        GMS CL-Series 5-piece kit (USA) 10/12/14/16/22 Splash: 8" AAX / 12" HHX --- Crash: 14" HHX / 15" HHX / 16" AAX / 18" AAX --- Ride: 22" AAX --- Hi-Hat: 14" HHX --- China: 14" HHX
        PRS CE-22 / Ibanez Prestige RGT320Z

Comment

I'd imagine that the email link in craiglist is private, as with most on-line selling sites.
          www.youtube.com/paolojm

Comment

ahhhh ok, my bad. did not know this

Comment

ahhhh ok, my bad. did not know this
              They don't have your email address, unless you respond to the email they send you. When they send you the initial email, it's through a generated CL email address.
              Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus - Cherry SunburstGibson Les Paul Standard Translucent AmberRandall Diavlo RD45HMesa Boogie Single Rectifier(2) Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12'sMXR Wylde ODMXR Black Label ChorusMXR 10-Band EQBoss DD-3Hardwire RV-7 ReverbISP Decimator

Comment

Is it some kind of premium rate number scam?
                Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

Got another today:

"Gday please don't hesitate to call me 451-745-3711. Sensible Thanks a lot."

Comment

Working...
                  X