You have to love Toby Keith's "Made in America" when he's playing.........

SnowStorm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regarding the Country music debate: I once read an article which stated the safest answer to the TSA-airport question "What's your favourite kind of music?" is "country". Everything else is said to be suspicious. Kinda makes sense to me if I'm honest :lol:

• Members

So, country music targets people with above average IQ then?

Since an IQ of 100 means you are of average IQ.

Or perhaps some of you arent country music fans enough to know this?

He said "rarely breaks" triple digits. Meaning that most are in the double digits, which would be less than average.

You must be a country fan.

• Members

LOL ... I don't like Toby either but I'm not going to laugh at a man that makes 50 million a year.

Why not?

First, I'm pretty sure that number is inflated. Second, just because he's rich, doesn't mean he's not a complete moron. I also can't stand people that try to profit off of tragedies.

• Members

LOL ... I don't like Toby either but I'm not going to laugh at a man that makes 50 million a year.

so you find no humor in comparing the lyrics of that song to him playing a foriegn made guitar while singing it?

and you wonder why the forum isnt funny anymore?

• Members

I like how most of the Country guys like that dont even play the guitars. They just hold them & strum occasionally.

I saw Toby Kieth on some TV show. He was talking about something (poiltical, I think) making him so mad that "it made me smash up muh favurit git'tawer" :lol:

Country/ "Nashville pop" (what it oughtta be called) sucks.

• Members

I wouldn't fault anyone for playing a Tak, they make great guitars and have some of the best "plugged in" tones I've ever heard. That said, there isn't much country music that I can stand but there are a few artists who do right by the genre. Brad Pasley, Vince Gil and Carrie Underwood come to mind.

Archived