Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Quick Eleven Rack questions

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick Eleven Rack questions

    Can you record a clean DI track simultaneously with the amp track?



    Can the cab sims be turned off?



    The USB connection functions as a full-fledged audio interface, correct? I don't need to buy an audio interface to run the 11R's analog outputs into?



    EDIT: On that note, can you also turn hardware monitoring off? So that you can monitor through only the DAW (for using impulses with the cab sims turned off)



    I know that you have to use Pro Tools to update and tweak patches on the computer, but can you record with any DAW?



    Thanks!
    http://simplehomerecording.com

  • #2
    I'm not very familiar with all the terms of recording. You can do reamping via Pro Tools if that's what you mean by a clean DI track. The cab sims can be turned off. You can record with any DAW and the 11R is the interface so you won't need a separate one. I'm not sure what you mean by turning off hardware monitoring but you can use a separate cab sim plugin and hear the results through the 11R via your monitors or headphones.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">Guitars</font>:<br />
    Gibson Les Paul Studio<br />
    MIA Charvel San Dimas<br />
    MIJ Charvel So-Cal<br />
    <br />
    <font color="Indigo">Amp and Cab</font> &amp; <font color="DarkGreen">Effects</font>: Eleven Rack w/ QSC K12<br />
    <br />
    <b><font color="red">New Eleven Rack standalone Preset loader:</font> <a href="https://sites.google.com/site/elevenhack/" target="_blank">https://sites.google.com/site/elevenhack/</a><br />
    </b><br />
    <font color="Navy">Great Deals with</font>: <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!&amp;p=45497009&amp;viewfull=1#post45497009 " target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post45497009</a></font></b></div>

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not very familiar with all the terms of recording. You can do reamping via Pro Tools if that's what you mean by a clean DI track. The cab sims can be turned off. You can record with any DAW and the 11R is the interface so you won't need a separate one. I'm not sure what you mean by turning off hardware monitoring but you can use a separate cab sim plugin and hear the results through the 11R via your monitors or headphones.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">Guitars</font>:<br />
      Gibson Les Paul Studio<br />
      MIA Charvel San Dimas<br />
      MIJ Charvel So-Cal<br />
      <br />
      <font color="Indigo">Amp and Cab</font> &amp; <font color="DarkGreen">Effects</font>: Eleven Rack w/ QSC K12<br />
      <br />
      <b><font color="red">New Eleven Rack standalone Preset loader:</font> <a href="https://sites.google.com/site/elevenhack/" target="_blank">https://sites.google.com/site/elevenhack/</a><br />
      </b><br />
      <font color="Navy">Great Deals with</font>: <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!&amp;p=45497009&amp;viewfull=1#post45497009 " target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post45497009</a></font></b></div>

      Comment


      • #4
        You can't turn off hardware monitoring unless you're using PT.



        As an Ableton user, that drives me bananas.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Yup. PM inbox is full.</div>

        Comment


        • #5
          You can't turn off hardware monitoring unless you're using PT.



          As an Ableton user, that drives me bananas.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Yup. PM inbox is full.</div>

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum
            View Post

            You can't turn off hardware monitoring unless you're using PT.



            As an Ableton user, that drives me bananas.




            Damn! That's disappointing. Can you load custom IRs into the Eleven Rack?



            If not, I suppose I wouldn't mind migrating to PT. Do you know if the version of PT bundled with the 11R has a good VST wrapper?
            http://simplehomerecording.com

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum
              View Post

              You can't turn off hardware monitoring unless you're using PT.



              As an Ableton user, that drives me bananas.




              Damn! That's disappointing. Can you load custom IRs into the Eleven Rack?



              If not, I suppose I wouldn't mind migrating to PT. Do you know if the version of PT bundled with the 11R has a good VST wrapper?
              http://simplehomerecording.com

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by Orbis_Mortis
                View Post

                I'm not very familiar with all the terms of recording. You can do reamping via Pro Tools if that's what you mean by a clean DI track. The cab sims can be turned off. You can record with any DAW and the 11R is the interface so you won't need a separate one. I'm not sure what you mean by turning off hardware monitoring but you can use a separate cab sim plugin and hear the results through the 11R via your monitors or headphones.




                I don't necessarily want to reamp (well, I kind of do, but in the digital realm). I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.
                http://simplehomerecording.com

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by Orbis_Mortis
                  View Post

                  I'm not very familiar with all the terms of recording. You can do reamping via Pro Tools if that's what you mean by a clean DI track. The cab sims can be turned off. You can record with any DAW and the 11R is the interface so you won't need a separate one. I'm not sure what you mean by turning off hardware monitoring but you can use a separate cab sim plugin and hear the results through the 11R via your monitors or headphones.




                  I don't necessarily want to reamp (well, I kind of do, but in the digital realm). I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.
                  http://simplehomerecording.com

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by Markdude
                    View Post

                    Damn! That's disappointing. Can you load custom IRs into the Eleven Rack?



                    If not, I suppose I wouldn't mind migrating to PT. Do you know if the version of PT bundled with the 11R has a good VST wrapper?




                    You can't load IR's INTO the unit, but you can always insert a sampling plugin like Kontakt or Recabinet on the track to run an IR after the signal in your DAW. This is what I do.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Yup. PM inbox is full.</div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by Markdude
                      View Post

                      Damn! That's disappointing. Can you load custom IRs into the Eleven Rack?



                      If not, I suppose I wouldn't mind migrating to PT. Do you know if the version of PT bundled with the 11R has a good VST wrapper?




                      You can't load IR's INTO the unit, but you can always insert a sampling plugin like Kontakt or Recabinet on the track to run an IR after the signal in your DAW. This is what I do.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Yup. PM inbox is full.</div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Loop: Would this 11R work with any other DAW other than Pro Tools? I only have Sony Acid.
                        Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Loop: Would this 11R work with any other DAW other than Pro Tools? I only have Sony Acid.
                          Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by Markdude
                            View Post

                            I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.




                            You can do that with the Yamaha THR10 and Cubase





                            Awesome feature
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Rampage</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=43260383#post43260383" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message">**************** cleans, play distortion? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>RiffDaemon</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=44490649#post44490649" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message">The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike</div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>buddhapaugh</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=44976943#post44976943" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message">I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----</div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <b>Guitars</b>:<br />
                            Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez<br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <b>Amps/Cabs</b><br />
                            Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha<br />
                            <br />
                            <b>FX</b><br />
                            ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix</div>

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by Markdude
                              View Post

                              I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.




                              You can do that with the Yamaha THR10 and Cubase





                              Awesome feature
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Rampage</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=43260383#post43260383" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">**************** cleans, play distortion? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>RiffDaemon</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=44490649#post44490649" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>buddhapaugh</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=44976943#post44976943" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <b>Guitars</b>:<br />
                              Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez<br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <b>Amps/Cabs</b><br />
                              Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha<br />
                              <br />
                              <b>FX</b><br />
                              ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix</div>

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X