Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Wondering if this OHM combination would be safe.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering if this OHM combination would be safe.

Hey guys, I have a Valveking 212 100W Combo, as well as a 16Ohm, 4x16 cab with celestion g75's.

The combo runs at 8ohms if you're just using the built-in speakers.  Is it possible to run both my built-in speakers, and the cab at the same time? I think it would sound great, but I don't wanna blow anything up.  so if I were to run a 8ohm and a 16ohm cab at the same time, which ohm setting would I set the amp to? If it's even safely possible.

Thanks in advance!!

If the speaker outs say that they're in parallel, 8 ohms & 16 ohms results in a load of approx 5.4 ohms.  If you were going to run that setup and if it is in parallel, you'd want to go with 4 ohms as that should be a safe mismatch as the ohm load is @ 5.4 and amp is set to 4 ohms.

I dunno how the speaker outputs are set on the amp, you'll need to confirm that.

Derek

Comment

8 ohms will be the safest setting.

But i think you'll be disappointed with the result because of an uneven power load. The 8-ohm internal load will seemed twice as loud as the 16-ohm speaker cabinet.

Comment

• Viesczy
        Viesczy commented
        Editing a comment

Wyatt wrote:
        8 ohms will be the safest setting.

But i think you'll be disappointed with the result because of an uneven power load. The 8-ohm internal load will seemed twice as loud as the 16-ohm speaker cabinet.

That's wrong :mansurprised:, if he's running the amp @ 8 ohms he has 50% of blowing the amp. 

If he runs it @ 4 ohms he's safe regardless of series or parallel.

Derek

Working...
    X