No announcement yet.

Difficulty finding good metal musicians in NJ

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty finding good metal musicians in NJ

I've been trying to put a line up (trio) together for more than a year and I've had very little success. Most people who contact me either disappear after a few emails or are not technically capable. I've posted ads on craigs list and myspace but it seems like New Jersey, especially the Central area is dead when it comes to metal. The style of music is Thrashy, Melodic and slightly atmospheric. Here's the ad I've been posting. Any suggestions on how to get better responses would be appreciated.

"Looking for a drummer, bassist and keys player who are technically and musically competent for a metal band.
    The music is heavy and melodic. It also combines thrash influences along with modern epic sounds.
    Influences include: Opeth, Kreator, Testament, Overkill, Candlemass, Samael, Orphanage, Children of Bodom, Carcass and Coroner.
    Seeking musicians with a professional attitude. No alcoholics or substance abusers. I have my own pro gear, means for transportation and I expect you to have the same.
    The plans are to complete writing the original material, record then play live.
    Check out myspace.com/cideband --> "Cide Medley" for a sample.
    Please include links to your samples or music in your email."
    Positive Transactions with:
    BAZGUITARMAN, gearo999, Major Third, Ancient Mariner, nickdahl, theGhost, JKD, TheArtofBalence, drucifer, Rindgecore, detunedman, Flaming turd, and charvelstrat81

That's too bad that you can't get any traction. My favorite VERY technical metal band is from Jersey, and I thought there was a little bit of a scene there.
    My Prog-Metal Solo Project

Comment

Symphony X?
      BAZGUITARMAN, gearo999, Major Third, Ancient Mariner, nickdahl, theGhost, JKD, TheArtofBalence, drucifer, Rindgecore, detunedman, Flaming turd, and charvelstrat81

Comment

Symphony X?

Bingo.

Comment

keep looking dude, I'm in the trenton area... I've meet plenty of technically capable guys. I've been in a lamb of god / soilwork type band myself. I'm not doing the metal thing much anymore, more of an AIC/GNR vibe. They ARE hard to find but there. Look in the monroe/ brunswicks area. Theres a bit of a scene there. Look to PA too.
          old band's: http://www.reverbnation.com/downstruck : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYzGwiOwm0current band: http://www.facebook.com/TheAlibiNJ?fref=ts : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUIseIcCZVs

Comment

I saw Symphony X a few months ago. They were crazy good.

I'm sure there are some good musicians out there. Not easy to find.

Comment

I think you are being too specific with your ad. You can try the old school way and just go to shows or look around on myspace for metalheads in your area.
              Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

verf code: pepi/charveldan news team

netmusicians
              soundclick
              Download my Demo for Free
              Spam: EHX Deluxe Memory Man. Big Box version $325? make offer
              EHX The Worm $65
              Boss GE-7 $60
              Boss TU-2 $65

Comment

Too specific in terms of what?

Comment

Too specific in terms of what?

"Technically and Musically competent"

Comment

Could it be this: "No alcoholics or substance abusers?

Comment

• Krank'N
                      Krank'N commented
                      Editing a comment

LOL I thought you had to be pretty stoned to be into black metal/ satan worship!

I gotta be honest, take out the musical competency thing and the alcohol/substance thing to get people to respond. Then when they do, ask them those questions.

netmusicians
                    soundclick
                    EHX The Worm $65
                    Boss GE-7 $60
                    Boss TU-2 $65

Comment

These are some of the better muscians from my area besides my buddy Gizzi.

http://www.myspace.com/thebeholdermetal
                      http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

bump

Comment

Lol. When you say metal, and "no alcoholics or substance abusers" you're ****************ing yourself. I know it's in good taste, but there's just not many of us who are straight edge.
                          Originally Posted by katillac

The only reason you haven't yet been banned and this thread locked is because we love to give people enough rope to hang themselves. Consider that to be the only time you'll ever be referred to as well hung.

Gear:

Biased Peavey 5150
                          Marshall 1960BV
                          Marshall 1960A
                          LTD EC-1000VB(EMG 81/60)
                          Late 80s Jackson Dinky Professional(EMG 85/SA/SA)
                          06 Jackson DK2 (sold recently )
                          Peavey 50/50 & Blackface Rocktron Chameleon

Smooth Deals: ChrisJD

5150 Crew

Comment

Lol. When you say metal, and "no alcoholics or substance abusers" you're ****************ing yourself. I know it's in good taste, but there's just not many of us who are straight edge.

I don't read it that way, I think he's trying to weed out the worthless losers who'll steal your gear or **************** you over by not getting to gigs/practice. For me alcohol and weed are one thing, but I will never be in a band with anyone who does coke, heroin, pills etc.

netmusicians
                            soundclick
                            EHX The Worm $65
                            Boss GE-7 $60
                            Boss TU-2 $65

Comment

Working...
                            X