Roland Jazz Chorus JC-55,77,90

Mr.scary96

• Members

I just want to know what's the difference between each of these amps as I'm looking to buy one since a JC-120 is pretty pricey. I remember borrowing my friends JC-160 that had nice cleans and chorus but with a volume that could blow your head off but that's way too much power and volume for my situation and JC-120's are kind of pricey too.

• Members

I own a Roland JC-77. I've probably had it for 30 years or so. I'm not an 'electric guitar" guy, so it seldom gets used. Since I've recently started buying pedals though, I'm going to take my JC-77 in for an overhaul and complete check-up (scratchy pots, contacts, etc.) Nice amp, sounds good,,, chorus is to die for,,, and not too heavy. (2 x 10 cabinet). Built-in distortion on the amp sucks IMO. I tend to find the overall tone of this amp is very clear,,, yet,,,,, there's a sense of "distance",,,, not "in your face" like a tube amp.

Some guys seem to prefer the JC-77 over the JC-120, due to portability. Frankly, the 120 sounds SUPERB, especially for jazz, etc. At lower volume, the JC-77 can hold its' own, but when you crank that knob, the 120 is just a better amp.

Archived