Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback (free falling cover)

I have played quite alot of music over the past years but singing is fairly new to me.
    Cant afford a vocal coach so feedback would be highly appretiated 
    im mostly looking for tips and tricks to improve my singing what i should focus on and so on

https://soundcloud.com/oste-kage/free-falling

sorry about the poor recording quality 
    Thanks in advance
    -Kongra

Nice cover. Wish I could hear the vocals a bit better. As far as the singing goes you sound good but I noticed that you didn't seem to go for the high notes that tom petty does. I like what you did instead but wasn't sure if it was intended by choice or if you just didn't think you could hit the note?

Comment

• DoverOs
      DoverOs commented
      Editing a comment

Why would you ever not want a nasal sound, that's idiotic. Pardon my language.

• Kongra
      Kongra commented
      Editing a comment
      http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jq3qCHXm9d
      This is atleast what i think is a nasal sound
      correct me if im wrong.

• Aroidan
      Aroidan commented
      Editing a comment

Your voice is not nasally I would try and develop a falcetto to hit that high note. You can often fake high notes like that in falcetto.

nice job man!

Comment

• ido1957
      ido1957 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting take - Petty would do the same thing on a bad night. Just falsetto the high notes - would be good practice for falsetto.

• partlycloudy
      partlycloudy commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it sounds good, and to me you don't sound nasal at all. Just distant from the microphone, which is probably due to the mic's quality and not your singing.

First of all, kudos on doing the John Mayer version! Your voice has a great husky Edwin McCain feel to it...I'd be tempted to knock it up a few keys and really belt it out if it's in your range :-)

Comment

Really good! Would have liked to hear you a bit more! Practice the falsetto

Comment

Working...
      X