Learning to sing by myself!

JasonWarrior

• Members

I am a 16 year old student and I would love to be a great singer! This is probably said a lot but I will try anything to be great, no matter how long it takes or what I have to do!

At the moment I am not able to get a singing teacher so I have to do it by myself :eek:

I was hoping that someone out there would help me put together a daily routine to help me improve please!?!

I just need a list of exercises and things to do and for how long to get me to a higher standard!

I can send you a demo of my singing if that would help and I would be eternally grateful for whomever may comment!

I wouldn't say I am a bad singer at the moment, but I just keep getting many different sets of information from different places and would like one easy routine made right here and then maybe others could use it too!

I want to be more of a contemporary singer and I love most singers like, Adele, Amy Whinehouse, Ed Sheeran, Cee Lo Green, Jessie J and many more current artists.

So to sum up, please help me with a routine on what to do daily to improve my voice!!!

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum, Jason. It's great to hear that you have a passion for singing. :wave:

Voice exercises will definitely help any singer to improve, if used correctly. I know that voice lessons can be expensive, but if you can find the right teacher then it's worth it, especially early on in your singing. I could recommend exercises to you but there's no single routine that works for all singers, each person responds differently to each exercise and also each singer has their own individual needs regarding voice. And it's especially hard to supervise yourself to make sure you're performing the exercises correctly, especially without the guidance of a good teacher. You should also be aware that the internet is filled with huge amounts of info on singing, but many may be conflicting with one another. So the internet isn't always reliable. However there are exercises that may be universal throughout different methods, such as simple breathing exercises. There are also other exercises as well, such as for posture, larynx position, breath support, resonance, etc.

If you want my opinion on your singing then feel free to message me and link me to a clip.

• Members

There's a pretty good book available called "Unlocking Your Vocal Power" by Leigh Schnerpelli that outlines exercises and has various tips and tricks to help you build up your voice. I think she also has a few videos on youtube that explains it, I think it's under "The Schnerp Method" or some such title.

Archived