Tried something new with this vocal cover, i dont really know what I think of it yet.

Leon1242

• Members

I tried adding like a raspy-ish type of feel. like some parts of it I like, but some parts i know im pitchy and off key, but can you guys tell me some criticism to help me sing songs like this better? I really would like some tips, thanks! Please dont ban me from your ears forever after listening to this! xD I know its not great, and actually in my opinion its pretty far from good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xio6WxDFynI

• Moderators

To be honest, I think the rasp is throwing off your pitch control. And your tone seems to suffer from it as well. I'm by no means a 'rasp expert', just saying what I hear.

Btw, I liked your 'Unwell' cover much more.

• Members

well i agree with davie your rasp need more control, that is affecting your pitch, you are off key several time, but i think that is because your rasp, but that is nothing that you cant improve, just try to find exercise of making a good rasp and be more focus about your pitch good luck

• Members

well i agree with davie your rasp need more control, that is affecting your pitch, you are off key several time, but i think that is because your rasp, but that is nothing that you cant improve, just try to find exercise of making a good rasp and be more focus about your pitch good luck

Hmm, thanks CJ. Ill try and work on the rasp alittle bit more. And maybe if I get annoyed, ill go back to singing in a clean tone lol. Thanks guys for the tips.

• Members

Not bad at all. Just back off a little bit on the rasp and hone in on the pitch; once you nail that you can bring back the rasp.

By the way, you sound just like Conor Oberst!

Thanks Jersey.

When you said I sounded like Conor Oberst, i decided to look him up. Best decision I ever made, i like his music now haha. Thanks man.

Archived