Critiques please! I need someone's opinion on my voice?

kvnkim7557

• Members

I'm currently 17 years old (male) and I just want to know if my voice is okay. I haven't taken any vocal lessons and I don't know if i should. Some people say it's not worth the money and some people say they actually see a difference in their voice. Some guide would be really cool. Anyways hopefully I don't make your ears bleed. Comment on the video or here. I have never sung infront of anyone before so take it easy on the comments. Other than that let your inner simon cowell shine. Link to video: http://youtu.be/jIZKz-YkgeI

• Moderators

Hi Kevin,

I think your voice is pretty good and although its a bit raw sounding I think you have a lot of potential to sound really good. Depending on the voice teacher and the singing method that they teach, a singer's progress may vary. The most important thing is to build a solid foundation in singing technique and have a complete training in all the major vocal concepts (eg. breath support and management, vocal registration, body posture, open throat, etc). If you're looking for a singing teacher, make sure they're familiar with all the vocal concepts.

• Members

@kvnkin7557,

You actually have a nice tone to your voice, which means that if you would study the basic cornerstones of proper singing techniques, pretty much like Davie said, you could turn into a really GOOD, I mean REALLY Good singer.

You don't have much in the way of proper breath support and you seem a bit tentative, but I think you have a very trainable voice.

I think you should make a commitment to yourself and begin to study the voice. Get a local teacher or go with self-study home methods or Skype lessons with a good teacher or program. You DO need to learn the basics. But you've got a good rough sound right now.

Figure out what you want to do and if you're willing to spend the time and money to put yourself where you want to be. It won't happen unless you do it.

All the Best!

Bob

Archived