Need critique on my Cryin Aerosmith Cover

IamHo

• Members

You have fairly decent pitch. The recording is brutal, however. Please get better with making a clean recording. This is painful to listen to, due to the horrible distortion on your music tracks. Please experiment around with your recording setup and figure out a way to get a cleaner sound out of your backing tracks, in the interest of mercy on your listeners. While you're doing that, also please experiment with the record level of your voice. When you sing your loudest, it's making bad distortion on the microphone, too. A little experimentation and moving things closer to the mic, or farther away will help you to get a better mix.

When you sing loud and high, it distorts, and also you sing flat on those notes. You don't have to get a lot louder to hit high notes. You just need more breath support. Blasting high notes can hurt your voice, as well as the ears of your listeners.

I think you should take lessons or do a home study course on the voice. It sounds like you have potential, but need a lot of development. Singing exercises will build your range, power, tone, and support and give your voice a smoothness that it does not have right now.

Don't give up, dig in and get started working on improving your voice!

Bob

• Moderators
Hi' date=' what does having a fairly decent pitch mean?[/quote']

It means that the pitch or the accuracy of the note is a bit off, but close enough that we can still recognize the melody.

​Your singing sounds fairly strained and you're over-pushing the top of your range. I would recommend finding songs that are slightly lower in range, or transpose the key lower first. Unless you have a fairly stable technique, hammering away at songs might not be the best idea. Like Bob said, more vocal development would be a good idea.

Archived