Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Worst Thanksgiving Weekend in Memory. The toll of Sandy and Shopping!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Piano Whore
    View Post

Our main club here is always slow for Thanksgiving weekend, but this one set new records. Worst EVER. Reflected poorly on my group, although it's not all our fault (I listened to a set that I recorded from Sat. night and thought hey, WE DON'T SUCK!). But the club filled up Sunday night to see an up-and-coming younger, country-rap band (ala Colt Ford) so I dunno, maybe it WAS our fault.

He on tour with Eric Church this summer saw him at WE fest, very good show! And he has a lot of exposure through other musicans and his work - Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, John Michael Montgomery, and Craig Morgan.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerguy
      View Post

So I'm curious.. this seems to be a pretty wide trend across many regions.. are we getting a glimpse of the future, or do you all think it's just a bump in the road?

The most disturbing thing I'm seeing (and I say this with a heavy heart) is that those who are just now turning 21 have no interest in bands whatsoever. I hope it's just here...

Comment

We did Wednesday night to a decent, but not stellar, crowd. It's our last show until late January, we took the next 9 weeks off just knowing that the scene slows down here around that time.....

Comment

I got reports of great crowds Thanksgiving eve from other bands in my area but I have YET to see pic or video proof. So their "great" crowd could mean 25 people
          www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tim_7string
            View Post

I'm just going to ride out the wave until it ends, then sell my equipment so someone else can use it for Karoake and DJ'ing, because I'm certainly not going to go to the dark side and do that...

I'm actually moving to the dark side. $800 - $1000/night to DJ a wedding.

2 subs

2 tops

10' truss

4 scanners

4 moving pinspots

4 Puck 3NX's

1 - 2 lasers

Smoke machine

Laptop

Spinning tunes for a grand pays better than $300/night doing sound for a band. I'll do both. First come first served, hell even school dances pay $500. That's elementary school dances (wut?) and you're done by 11.

I have the gear and the time. Might as well have it earning money for me whenever I can...

DJ'ing doesn't have the glory of being the soundguy, but it does pay well.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

The most disturbing thing I'm seeing (and I say this with a heavy heart) is that those who are just now turning 21 have no interest in bands whatsoever. I hope it's just here...

Even though I'd say a lot of our crowd is late 20s-early 40s we are starting to pull MORE younger people lately with Ostrich Hat. I am sure havling a 24 year old bassist/singer helps.
              www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Perhaps your neck of the woods. In my area bands are doing well... at least good bands are. We in constant demand and a few bands that I know on our level are still drawing decent crowds. In fact the problem is really there aren't enough 'good' bands to keep some venues rolling every weekend. For every room that closes we have 3-4 rooms waiting to get a date on the calendar. We had a terrific summer and fall. It all hit a wall after the recent Hurricane. But again, I wonder how much of that had to due with the post storm 'depression' and the start of the holiday shopping season. Spending $500-1000 on Christmas early can certainly sqash your desire to spend more money in a bar. But in terms of people over 25 wanting to see bands... in my area there are plenty, the acts just need to be worthy.
                so over this signature BS!!!

Comment

Working...
                X