• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

And, if you get the right ends, you can make daisy chain power cords.

I commonly hang 4 ea. F ends on one M pigtail.

Mark,

As we've established in previous posts, I'm a little slow with understanding the electircal stuff. Would you explain how to do this? I'm smart enough to wire the stuff on my own, I just need a push in the smart direction.

Thanks

• CMS Author

Originally posted by soundministries

Mark,

As we've established in previous posts, I'm a little slow with understanding the electircal stuff. Would you explain how to do this? I'm smart enough to wire the stuff on my own, I just need a push in the smart direction.

Thanks

For those watching at home (seems like both parties lost interest?), to daisy-chain multiple receptacle ends from a single plug, cut the female end from a plug, then wire a replacement female recep with an additional length of wire, using black-to-black, white-to-white, green-to-green (parallel) connections. Continue this recep/wire pattern, using desired wire lengths to reach all your gear.

It's important to buy receps that have enough room for two cables to fit into, and it really helps to buy some uninsulated crimp-on loop terminals. Crimp each pair of same color wire into one terminal, and attach the terminal to the recep screw.

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

Ok, here's a picture:

IEEE_320_daisy_chain.jpg

and... make sure you use cable stock and ends rated for the amperage of the breaker supplying the juice.

Cool! Mark, I've never seen those clamp-on IEC connectors. Have I just not been looking hard enough or are they something special? A source for them would be much appreciated.

Peace,

D

Archived