Crown XLS402 Poweramp.

• Members

This thing is a bitch to bridge...Right now, I am running it at 260w @ 8ohms on each channel (2 bass cabs). I want to bridge it though...so I will have the 1,140w available.

I already plugged my 4x10 cab into my 2x10, and then re-wired my speakon adapter for bridged mode.

What will I have to do with the "Y" cable that runs from my preamp output into the 2 channels on the amp?

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Both of your cabs 8 ohms? (they need to be, or the amp will deliver a healthy dose of magic smoke)

Yeah, both are 8ohms. From what i see from the manual, I have to switch the "+" and "-" wires of one of the XLR's in my "Y"cable.

• Members

Originally posted by iLL october

Yeah, both are 8ohms. From what i see from the manual, I have to switch the "+" and "-" wires of one of the XLR's in my "Y"cable.

Yeah, that's not uncommon at all. The reason for this (I'll presume) is because Crown (and others) has has a lot of problems with people who shouldn't bridging their amps doing so and then blowing them up. Bridging is a tool that has good things and bad things that go along with it.

Search under my name and "bridge or bridging" for numerous threads where I discuss issues that relate to bridging. Others have also contyributed good information.

The cable that is being referred to is a phase reversed cable, simple barrel adapters are available so that you don't have unidentified XLR phase reversed ends floating around in your system to be mistakenly used for something else with unexpected results.

Archived