Please help - Allen & Heath GL2000

• Members

OK... I got the board. All in all I'm very happy with it. It was pretty dirty so I spent about an hour cleaning it up... could still use more cleaning.

Then I tested it out. On channel two, the fader doesn't work. Is this going to be an expensive fix? When you slide the fader, it feels different from the others and although signal is coming into the channel, no sound goes to the main buss.

Any suggestions? Should I just take it in to get serviced?

• Members

I almost said something with your last post. A&H are great sounding boards. The bad news is they are fairly high maintenance. Seems a lot of little things go wrong with them. The good news about that is the fixes are often inexpensive.

I recently bought a Mixwiz used and some things didn't work. Under $100 to fix and clean the board. Seller even paid for the repairs.

Good luck

• Members

Originally posted by 80zboy

OK... I got the board. All in all I'm very happy with it. It was pretty dirty so I spent about an hour cleaning it up... could still use more cleaning.

Then I tested it out. On channel two, the fader doesn't work. Is this going to be an expensive fix? When you slide the fader, it feels different from the others and although signal is coming into the channel, no sound goes to the main buss.

Any suggestions? Should I just take it in to get serviced?

Could be something as simple as a broken fader... but somebody could have replaced a fader with somethingdifferent too, then you would have to find out what else was changed.

I agree, A&H is a good board, but like many British products (cars included!), have a reputation for having "special personalities".

• Members

Good thinking, but that's not it. I'm wondering if the fader has been 'coked'. If feels dirty and maybe sticky when moving the fader. Once in a while, the sound will even pop in for a second. The guy I bought it from swears up and down that it worked when he shipped it... I'm gonna try some fader cleaner on it and see what happens.

Archived