No announcement yet.

Peavey Messenger ST cabinets

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Messenger ST cabinets

I'm trying to put together a reasonable PA for not much money (who isn't?); I'm thinking of a Yamaha 512 mixer amp (1000w total output will be plenty for the forseeable future- no need to go down the separate mixer+power amp route I think). I'll need a couple of cheap cabs and the Peavey ST series are, erm, cheap! I'm not going to ask if they're any 'good', but are they totally horrendous? Are they in Behringer territory, for example?
    I can get a pair of ST-15s for
    "Life is just too short to listen to Brown Eyed Girl one more time."- SB900LE
    Winner of Fireball 73's "Oooft and lol" award
    Winner of Thumper's 'Comment of the Day' Award 07/06/07
    Member of the Official HCBF Scrawny Bassists Club

Hohner B2A (headless wunderbass)
    Markbass 121p combo
    Digitech XBD Bass Overdrive
    Peavey Milestone III (cheap and cheerful)
    Westone Thunder IIA
    Yamaha YDP 131
    http://www.bebo.com/thestraysSY

Oh and my usual caveat (I should put this in my sig!): I live on a wee island that's five hours from anywhere, virtually no 2nd hand market, everything has to be mail order, blah blah, cannot try before I buy, etc.

This is probably the best reason I can think of to buy a known quantity, a product that is generally regarded as a good performer. Buying something that is not horrendous is setting the stage for disappointment in my opinion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

The only reference to the ST series I cna find on t'internet is fromonline retailers, who all spout the same paragraph about quality budget gear blah blah
      However my drummer is going to lend me his Peavey Eurosys cabs for just now... it'll tide me over, and I'll have to be careful not to blow them up (lower wattage)... and I'll keep saving for my own gear.

But... surely... someone must have bought ST cabs?
      "Life is just too short to listen to Brown Eyed Girl one more time."- SB900LE
      Winner of Fireball 73's "Oooft and lol" award
      Winner of Thumper's 'Comment of the Day' Award 07/06/07
      Member of the Official HCBF Scrawny Bassists Club

Hohner B2A (headless wunderbass)
      Markbass 121p combo
      Digitech XBD Bass Overdrive
      Peavey Milestone III (cheap and cheerful)
      Westone Thunder IIA
      Yamaha YDP 131
      http://www.bebo.com/thestraysSY

Comment

Ok, how about you buy a pair of powered peavey PR series speakers? They work out cheaper than buying seperate amp and speaker, they have mic preamps built in (saves you buying a mixer altogether if you only need a single mic feed), they're lightweight, and most importantly, they're a step up from the ST series. Plenty people on here are happy with the PR speakers, so chances are you will be too. The ST series...who knows...why chance it?

If you really want a pair of unpowered speakers for ~

Comment

Working...
        X