New PA Gear in Action!!

• Members

I recently upgraded my entire PA and can't believe how much better it sounds!! Went with 2 Peavey SP4 and 2 SP218 for FOH; running the tops with a Crown XTI2000 and the subs with a Crown XTI4000. These amps are jewels at only 17 lbs each! Racked them in a new rack purchased from Audiopile (those folks were great to do business with and I'm very happy with this rack). Still using the existing monitor mix setup which is 2 Peavey CS800's running 4 12" Peavey wedges..I've been very pleased with the sound so far for my 4 piece Outlaw Country/Southern Fried Rock Band. I've got external EQ's for 4 different monitor mixes...would like to add external EQ from the board with maybe a sonic maximizer. Unfortunately one of the chinks in my armor is the board which is a new Behringer Eurodesk 24 Channel. I was limited on funds in the beginning and went with this board but plan on upgrading it next with an A&H. Sorry to be long winded..just proud of the new system...flame away!!

• Members

Gotta love new gear!:thu:

One word of advice...stay away from those sonic maximimizer gadgets. Those things are bandaids on a wound. If you system is decent (appears to be) and tuned (signal chain) properly....no bandaid necessary.;)

• Members

You may want to consider a digital speaker processor. Peavey has a couple fairly new ones and they have all the presets needed to optimize the peavey speaker range in them already, thanks to Don Boomer.

My band used a Eurorack MX2442A for a long time. It was decent enough for the price. Which 24 channel unit did you get?

Boomerweps (no relation)

• Members

You may want to consider a digital speaker processor. Peavey has a couple fairly new ones and they have all the presets needed to optimize the peavey speaker range in them already, thanks to Don Boomer.

+1

I've heard the presets in the VSX 26 make an even better speaker out of the SP series.

Les

• Members

Sorry for the delay in responding Boomer..we are using the SLX2442...It's been a great board for 6 months now...

There's been a major change in my system...I have determined the Crown XTI digital amps are just too dang confusing to get setup and maintain..plus the GC guru who sold them to me used the "user friendly" attribute to these amps...WRONG! I'm not the smartest tool in the shed..but not anywhere near the dumbest either...I ended up going with the QSC PLX2 3602 for the subs and the PLX 1804 for the tops...managed to get these two amps, performance guarantee for the same money....very pleased!

• Members

Peavey has a couple fairly new ones and they have all the presets needed to optimize the peavey speaker range in them already, thanks to Don Boomer.

Does this(VSX26) include the DTH series, too? I have DTH subs and DTH4 tops.

• Members

My band used a Eurorack MX2442A for a long time. It was decent enough for the price. Which 24 channel unit did you get?

Boomerweps (no relation)

I have a eurodesk MX3282A. I did a show Friday night that went amazing with it. It has 2 pre fader auxs, and 4 selectable auxs that can be post or pre fader. Having 4 monitor mixes made everything work much better.

A behringer board gets the job done.

• Members

Does this(VSX26) include the DTH series, too? I have DTH subs and DTH4 tops.

Don will have to tell if he's working on any. The Peavey website does not show any downloadable settings for the DTH series. The VSX48 doesn't list settings but the VSX24 lists many downloadable settings, mostly for current SP and SPx and QW series. Sorry ;>( I would think that with all the quality DTH systems floating around, having their presets would sell a few VSXs.

Boomerweps

• Members

I have a eurodesk MX3282A. I did a show Friday night that went amazing with it. It has 2 pre fader auxs, and 4 selectable auxs that can be post or pre fader. Having 4 monitor mixes made everything work much better.

A behringer board gets the job done.

The MX3282A was the MX2442A's big brother with 8 more inputs and 2 more real Aux Outs.

Part of the new math, advertised as 8 aux outs but really only choosable as 6 from the same input channel. The MX2442A has "6" aux outs, 2 pre/postfade selectable (1,2), and TWO postfade selectable between aux 3,4 OR 5,6, not both from the same input.

The older design models seemed to work better, better QC especially if made in Germany before the big shift to China with it's initial QC teething probs with crappy local USA servicing followup. The warranty servicing is better and Behringer finally realized it's cheaper (& quicker to keep customers happy) to replace than repair within warranty;>)

Boomerweps

• Members

Don will have to tell if he's working on any. Sorry ;>( I would think that with all the quality DTH systems floating around, having their presets would sell a few VSXs.Boomerweps

I would sell my dbx DRPA if this was the case. :love:

Archived