Last minute call tonight (instlled system)

• Members

So I'm sitting here geting dolled up to go to a show (Spamlot) and I get call from the entertainment mngr from an off-strip rock bar sayingthat h needs a ound uy for two bands, about 40 minutes each. I ask when I need t be there, a I have plns and have bought tickets already, he says 10... Great! theshow is at 7, so I'll be done well before then. I've played at the venue, so I know thy have a pretty good install, it is a Mackie TT24 for FOH and mon duties, I've messed around on one before, I downloaded the manual... any suggestions ? (seems like it can be straight forward to run if need be....)

• Members

So I'm sitting here geting dolled up to go to a show (Spamlot) and I get call from the entertainment mngr from an off-strip rock bar sayingthat h needs a ound uy for two bands, about 40 minutes each. I ask when I need t be there, a I have plns and have bought tickets already, he says 10... Great! theshow is at 7, so I'll be done well before then. I've played at the venue, so I know thy have a pretty good install, it is a Mackie TT24 for FOH and mon duties, I've messed around on one before, I downloaded the manual... any suggestions ? (seems like it can be straight forward to run if need be....)

yea, ... get paid before you sit down....:)

• Members

I worked strictly freelance for a year, I know it is true, it's just funny that it was the first response....

GIg went great, both bands used the same drumset, and bass rig, so it only took a little line-checking between to get ready. I was expecting screamer type hard-heavy bands, but these guys were kinda like Phish, Allmon bros, they had a cool jazz influenced style, and they were very consistant from song to song (heck I don't think I touched the bass channel after the first song) No complaints about monitors, in fact both bands were very happy, the crowd was into it too, so I'm guessing the mix was what they wanted....

I even got a kiss from a pretty girl, she knocked on the window to the sound booth (yeah, and enclosed booth with screen around two sides so you can hear the system, ugh) and when I opened it I had to lean in to hear her, she said 'Good job!" and gave me a smacker on the cheak, I smiled and said 'Happy Saint Patricks Day!' wasn't expecting that...

Board was set up for the install, so I didn't have to dig aroud to find things, everything was smooth, I just can't make too many decisions based on one real use (I'd like to get my hands on one in a more familiar environment)..

Archived