No announcement yet.

Tannoy monitors anyone?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tannoy monitors anyone?

I found a pair of Tannoy floor wedges on Craigs list. 12" coaxial speakers, 300 watt rating. I could find no other info on the web. The guy wanted $300 for the pair. Any thoughts? I need two monitors but am kinda broke right now, these could help me out if they were decent speakers.
    Uhhhhhh the "Money for Nothing" program was such a huge success we ran out of money. Uhhhh but don't worry, we're gonna uhhhhhh print more money and extend the program.

Not a bad price,but I have no experience with them.

Comment

I also know another guy that has a pair of Ramsa self powered 15" 2 ways new in box but maybe 6-7 years old for $500 for the pair. THese I think are good for lots of things but I don't have the $500. I currently have some 12" 2-way CGM ratfur boxes. They do the job and in ten years never got wet so the partical board is doing rather well.
      Uhhhhhh the "Money for Nothing" program was such a huge success we ran out of money. Uhhhh but don't worry, we're gonna uhhhhhh print more money and extend the program.

Comment

I'd try to get the "new" Ramsa wedges for 300. In todays market he's never gonna get 500 for them anyway!!!

Comment

Try the Tanoys, some of their PA cabinets were pretty good.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

I have heard the Tannoy V12. It is a very good sounding speaker. They are rather pricey though. I think I was offered 3000 for a pair a few years ago. Do you know the model you are buying? 300 for a pair might be a great deal if they are in decent shape.

Comment

Tannoy makes great studio speakers, don't think they would screw up on live stuff. Worth checking out...
              YMMV.

Release your inner DJ... then you will begin to see.

Comment

Working...
              X