Play samples live

• Members

Hi there,

I have a band and we are trying to put up an act within the next 2 months, so we are right now reharsing as much as we can. We have some songs that need to be filled with some voice samples and effects, and we found that working with a metronome and triggering the samples at a certain time would just do the work. We started to work in Sony Acid, and we managed to get the samples perfectly in tempo, nevertheless we still need to split the audio channels one for the sound engineer and another for the drummers inear. So my question is, how do we do this, how can we split this audio? Is there a better software than acid for this job? Is there a piece of hardware that can help us do this stuff? Many thanks in advance.

Lu

• Members

ACID has pan faders. Use them. ;)

If you have a multiple-output sound card, you can easily route whatever you want wherever you want.

I highly recommend using ASIO drivers for the sound card, if they are available, and making sure that nothing else is running on your live computer (be it a laptop or desktop), lest you suffer playback issues.

Good luck!

Brian V.

Archived