• Members

I started out a year ago thinking a couple of single 18 subs,tops,a mixer,and a couple of wedges,for a small to medium venue sized P.A. After some help from some friends(Thanx Andy,and Mark)I have a complete system that will do twice what I started out as a goal,and will double as exactly what I started out wanting to put together.I have 4 sperate monitor mixes with DBX eqs on each,doule 18s,single 18s,and plenty of tops,wedges,and power.Thanks to all who I have gotten info from,even when you didn't know I was looking,and I just want to take the time to wish all of you a Happy New Year!!! You have all been very helpful in my educating process,and I do appriciate it.:thu: I think I'm done for a while,and I feel like I have put together a fairly formidable sound sytem.Thanx again to all!

• Members

I started out a year ago thinking a couple of single 18 subs,tops,a mixer,and a couple of wedges,for a small to medium venue sized P.A. After some help from some friends(Thanx Andy,and Mark)I have a complete system that will do twice what I started out as a goal,and will double as exactly what I started out wanting to put together.I have 4 sperate monitor mixes with DBX eqs on each,doule 18s,single 18s,and plenty of tops,wedges,and power.Thanks to all who I have gotten info from,even when you didn't know I was looking,and I just want to take the time to wish all of you a Happy New Year!!! You have all been very helpful in my educating process,and I do appriciate it.
:thu:
I think I'm done for a while,and I feel like I have put together a fairly formidable sound sytem.Thanx again to all!

Although I'd hope there's considerably more credit due elsewhere than what my half-thought disjointed ramblings could have ever offered: hey: :thu:

I'm feeling pretty good today too (full days ahead of schedule).

Last year's New-Year's resolution was to get my {censored} together. More specifically: Get the warehouses in order: Everything dress-right-dress, and totally organized (all 15,000 sq. ft. of it). I'm sittin back right now basking in the afterglow of a year's worth of pushing to the bitter end (no stone left unturned). I wish pictures would do it justice, or that a year's worth of work is even worth taking pictures of.... but damn... It's nice to have your ducks lined up.

• Members

You are NEVER done!!!

Once you get all the big pieces in place, then you start looking at details. Better cabling layouts, better packaging/casing, Input/output panels, matching cable boxes, AC power, Mic box organization, ect. The possibilities are ENDLESS ;>(

Yes, but it's got to be less daunting that trying to get a small dairy-farming operation "done".

• Members

{censored}!!! Almost done.Need to get some of those in-line ducks as well!!! Do they respond best in small clusters,or are they pretty much the stand alone type?

As stated "Duck(S) in a row". I think they work like a splayed array configuration (at least a V formation is how I've usualy seen them flown):D

• Members

As stated "Duck(S) in a row". I think they work like a splayed array configuration (at least a V formation is how I've usualy seen them flown)
:D

You ever notice when they are being flown in the V formation,that one side is always longer than the other?The real question here though is do you know why that is?:confused:

• Members

You ever notice when they are being flown in the V formation,that one side is always longer than the other?The real question here though is do you know why that is?
:confused:

And there's usually an odd number (unless there's just 2).

Actually, I believe the term "ducks in a row" refers to the setting of bowling pins (from the days before automatic pin setters).

Archived