Flashing Clip on Channel One!?

• Members

I use a Behringer EP4000 power amp and Behringer 2442 mixer that run 2 Community floor monitors. I use the monitors to play songs so I can practice, and for recording purposes.

Today, I was trying to do some ruff recording of my acoustic guitar with a mic running to my Line 6 Riff Tracker. Long story short..something went wrong, I heard a large pop in the speakers and now the clip light on channel 2 of my power amp is blinking.

I can't figure out what is going on, and have tried many things to get the clip light to turn off. I unhooked the speak-on cables and the mixer from the power amp and the light turned off though.

Did I blow my power amp or my speakers or what?

• Members

The "peak" rating of the amp is 1400. Dig a little in the manual and you'll find around 950 @ 4.

whatever the case you're amp gave up and died. Maybe it was provoked, maybe it wasn't. That's a lot of power going to some floor monitors, you might want to consider something less. GX3 or 5 is a great value and about the same $. As is now you'll have to deal with behringer's service.

• Members

I use a Behringer EP4000 power amp and Behringer 2442 mixer that run 2 Community floor monitors. I use the monitors to play songs so I can practice, and for recording purposes.

Today, I was trying to do some ruff recording of my acoustic guitar with a mic running to my Line 6 Riff Tracker. Long story short..something went wrong, I heard a large pop in the speakers and now the clip light on channel 2 of my power amp is blinking.

I can't figure out what is going on, and have tried many things to get the clip light to turn off. I unhooked the speak-on cables and the mixer from the power amp and the light turned off though.

It sounds like you need to walk through some basic troubleshooting steps. If you have a multimeter, measure the speaker cable in question to see if there is a short. Second you can meter the speaker and see if there is a short or open there. Third, try connecting the amp to the mixer with no speakers attached and seeing if the amp is showing the clipping with no speaker.

• Members

Check your speaker cables, not sure on the specs of that amp....but most will go into a fail-safe mode if they detect a short. Only change one thing at a time until you find the problem.

Most will not.

Generally this is an indication of unfortunate and tragic failure :facepalm:

• Members

I had something similar happen to my Behringer amp, and it ended up being that I was running it in bridge mode with the limiter dip switch turned on. I'd double check your switch settings on the back.

Archived