X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affordable speaker poles?

Does anyone here happen to know where i can find adjustable poles with M20 thread for cheap? The recomended jbl pole is $95. $200 for a set of speaker poles just seems steep to me. Also does anyone know of an alternative to the jbl wheel set for the srx 718. Thanks

Can't speak about the pole, however if you're talking about mounting wheels directly to the cabinet, I would use JBL parts at least for re-sale issues. An alternative could be heavy duty casters from Ace Hardware and then make a platform from 3/4" to move them on. Seems sacriligious to buy such nice cabs and then mount crap on them.

Comment

There was a thread a while back about some cheap M20 threaded speaker poles. There were mixed opinions on the quality of the poles and the threading.

I got a pair of adjustable K&M poles that have an expanding mandrel on the top that lock the top speaker firmly to the pole. By "firmly" I mean that I could lift a PRX612 off the floor relying on the grip of the mandrel. (!). They were a bit less expensive than the JBLs (which are made by K&M, I understand.) Mark C.
      "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

The k&m poles are the only option i can find and they are the same price as jbl. Do you know of a cheap place to order k&m

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
          View Post

The k&m poles are the only option i can find and they are the same price as jbl. Do you know of a cheap place to order k&m

You could send a PM to Mike Pyle at Audiopyle. He's a forum member that has a good record with folks here, from what I can tell. I bought my K&M poles (and other items, too) from him. Mark C.
          "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
            View Post

Does anyone here happen to know where i can find adjustable poles with M20 thread for cheap? The recomended jbl pole is $95. $200 for a set of speaker poles just seems steep to me. Also does anyone know of an alternative to the jbl wheel set for the srx 718. Thanks

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/423711.html

Comment

I use Adam Hall poles which work great. No problems at all. They only cost $21 each from Amazon.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by hfc7713
                View Post

I use Adam Hall poles which work great. No problems at all. They only cost $21 each from Amazon.

Looks like a good call - http://www.amazon.com/Adam-Hall-SPS8.../dp/B003H6ZBI0
                www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

The poles for the QSC KW and KSub are the same. I bought a used pair of fixed length poles off e-bay for $60.00. QSC also makes 11" extensions to these poles for $25.00 each if you want them higher.

Just a thought.
                  With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Working...
                  X