Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

affordable speaker poles?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • affordable speaker poles?

    Does anyone here happen to know where i can find adjustable poles with M20 thread for cheap? The recomended jbl pole is $95. $200 for a set of speaker poles just seems steep to me. Also does anyone know of an alternative to the jbl wheel set for the srx 718. Thanks

  • #2
    Can't speak about the pole, however if you're talking about mounting wheels directly to the cabinet, I would use JBL parts at least for re-sale issues. An alternative could be heavy duty casters from Ace Hardware and then make a platform from 3/4" to move them on. Seems sacriligious to buy such nice cabs and then mount crap on them.

    Comment


    • #3
      There was a thread a while back about some cheap M20 threaded speaker poles. There were mixed opinions on the quality of the poles and the threading.



      I got a pair of adjustable K&M poles that have an expanding mandrel on the top that lock the top speaker firmly to the pole. By "firmly" I mean that I could lift a PRX612 off the floor relying on the grip of the mandrel. (!). They were a bit less expensive than the JBLs (which are made by K&M, I understand.) Mark C.
      "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

      Comment


      • #4
        The k&m poles are the only option i can find and they are the same price as jbl. Do you know of a cheap place to order k&m

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
          View Post

          The k&m poles are the only option i can find and they are the same price as jbl. Do you know of a cheap place to order k&m




          You could send a PM to Mike Pyle at Audiopyle. He's a forum member that has a good record with folks here, from what I can tell. I bought my K&M poles (and other items, too) from him. Mark C.
          "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Robsco
            View Post

            Does anyone here happen to know where i can find adjustable poles with M20 thread for cheap? The recomended jbl pole is $95. $200 for a set of speaker poles just seems steep to me. Also does anyone know of an alternative to the jbl wheel set for the srx 718. Thanks




            http://www.fullcompass.com/product/423711.html

            Comment


            • #7
              I use Adam Hall poles which work great. No problems at all. They only cost $21 each from Amazon.

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by hfc7713
                View Post

                I use Adam Hall poles which work great. No problems at all. They only cost $21 each from Amazon.




                Looks like a good call - http://www.amazon.com/Adam-Hall-SPS8.../dp/B003H6ZBI0
                www.nextexitrocks.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  The poles for the QSC KW and KSub are the same. I bought a used pair of fixed length poles off e-bay for $60.00. QSC also makes 11" extensions to these poles for $25.00 each if you want them higher.



                  Just a thought.
                  With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X