Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Yorky Elite Subwoofer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorky Elite Subwoofer

I found a pair of Yorkville Elite Subs in my area selling used for a great price. Seller says they're about 5 yrs old, but they look a little older - the jack plate says:

"Elite Subwoofer 600
    Professional Sound Reinforcement Loudspeaker System

Manufactured by: Yorkville Sound, LTD Toronto Canada"

They have a circuit breaker, XLR in, and 1/4" out jacks on the jack plate.
    Rated for 600W program, 8 ohms.

And have "elite" across the bottom of the front grill in teal blue.

They're 2 single driver cabinets - can't be sure from the pic if they're 15's or 18's.

What can you guys tell me about these? I should be jumping on them for $150/pair, provided that they work, right?

$150 for the pair....the cabinets are worth that ($75 each). I'd jump.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.fullsteamband.com/" target="_blank">Click here to check out my band: Full Steam</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Steam/179028619290" target="_blank">Click here for our Facebook page</a></div>

Comment

ABSOLUTELY

Hey, now I know what the "ES" stood for in the old naming scheme "Elite Sub-woofer". So the model is likely the ES600. Couldn't find a thing on them, but....

- The 600 likely refers to the program rating of the driver. That's a decent driver, especially for $75 a box.

- Being the Elite Series they are almost assuredly "real wood" boxes and likely birch, although some were made with some other wood. As mentioned, even if the drivers are shot it's worth $75 for the unloaded box.
      www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

Upon further investigation, they may be SW-600. Yorkville has changed the names of their product lines often. If this is the case they could be much older. The SW600 came out in 1985 as part of the original Elite line. 18" RCF driver (L18/851). 50Hz - 100 dB efficiency, 127 max SPL.

Tough to really know the age though as I don't know how long there were in production and if they were improved upon while carrying the same model name.

Saw a pair for sale for $600

Also found a pic

www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying them - as long as I can fit them in my car.

abzurd - I don't think that they're the SW600 model - at least not the one you pictured - the one's I'm considering have a flat (not trapezoidal) front grille and have "elite" printed across the bottom of the grill in big, obnoxious lettering - I'd actually prefer the tasteful little badge shown in your pic, but it's not really an issue. For $150/pair, they could be covered in pink polka dots and it would be fine with me.

Comment

That sounds like an even better deal than the 2 EV 1810 subs I bought off c-list last spring for $200!

If you've got the space to for 'em, Jump at $150/pair!!
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Main Guitars: ES339, '73 Tele Deluxe, '73 Guild Bluesbird, '74 Guild S-100C, Heritage H140, G&amp;L ASAT, Rick 330-12, SG Classic, Martin D-1R, Carvin C980</font><br />
            <br />
            <font size="1">Amps: bassmen heads (BF'65 &amp; SF '67), '68 Champ, '69 VibroChamp, '72 SF NM Super Reverb, '73 Deluxe Reverb, '72 Bandmaster Reverb, Mesa Boogie Studio 22+, Winfield Cyclone head, Traynor YGM-3 &amp; YGM-4, misc. cabs</font><br />
            <br />
            <font size="1">FX: Fender Reverb Unit, Keeley BD-2, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, Dano Fish N' Chips EQ, SD-1, L.R. Baggs PADI</font></div>

Comment

Well, the Yorkville LS608

600 Watt 18" Sub

Reg - $549

From AudioEast new.

I think that price is Each. So the answer is .... If you could just pick them up and ship them to me, I'll give ya the $150 plus shipping.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Picker....<br />
              The Duct Tape Motto- If ya can't get the job done right... just get it done.<br />
              <br />
              “As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.” — Dick Cavett<br />
              <br />
              &quot;Also, it is important to remember that basses have 4 strings. Not 5 (that would be a banjo), not 6 (that's a guitar), 4 strings... and the bigger and fatter you can get them, the better the tone you'll achieve. No, I'm not joking.&quot;<br />
              - Fletcher<br />
              <br />
              &quot;The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side&quot;... Hunter S. Thompson <br />
              </div>

Comment

529051\_3891821872699\_1130948587\_n.jpg

Hi there sorry to bring up an old thread but i could do with some info on these speakers i picked up today, the pannels just read subwoofer 600, anyone know what these would be worth and the rms? 

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X