X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shure 55SH

My dealer has a heckuva deal on mics this weekend, and one of the mics I'm looking at is the 55SH. He has several versions available if I remember correctly; cardioid, and super-cardioid. If I.m not mistaken, they're going for $115- $119..

Is this a decent mic? I'm thinking of getting one for those "retro-look" gigs.

Yay or nay?

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/5770/

Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Bobby1Note wrote:

My dealer has a heckuva deal on mics this weekend, and one of the mics I'm looking at is the 55SH. He has several versions available if I remember correctly; cardioid, and super-cardioid. If I.m not mistaken, they're going for $115- $119..

Is this a decent mic? I'm thinking of getting one for those "retro-look" gigs.

Yay or nay?

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/5770/

The Sure website says the 55SH Series II is available in a cardioid pattern only. They're a cool looking mic and as far as sound goes, they are a cool looking mic.

Comment

Our bass guy has a 55SH Series II dynamic mic; works OK, sounds OK.  When he's singing, I don't notice much difference between a 58 and the 55SH.

Looks better on a straight mic stand rather than on a boom...

-D44

************************************************** *********************************

Old guy, just trying to play through the arthritis...
    - Balance is a virtue; loud for its own sake is not... and loud won't fix bad
    - I may not interpret ridiculous, crazy, or stupid the way you intended
    - Common retail products are never awesome (thermo-nuclear probably is, though)
    Assume the requisite list of stuff...

Comment

Working...
    X