You gotta love when life gets in the way of things..lol. Anyways, if you remember my posts previously (few months ago) I had plans on upgrading to a QSC system for larger events, but I haven't been paying attention recently to any changes. Obviously of course, I will probably be beating a dead horse (for a good reason...I don't want the horse to come back and shoot me in the leg )
1. Has there been a price change with the KW series? I had a nice list planned out and budgeted, but there was a rumor floating around of price increases.
2. Has JBL solved any of it's issues with the PRX series? They were my runner up that I have been looking at, but the talk of failed power amplifiers and extreme (past designed cooling) power failures had me turned away, as these will be getting a lot of outdoor use, possibly even in the hot sun.
3. Are there any other options that follow the same criteria as the KW, with that being
- Powered, self-contained loudspeakers
- Lightweight (can be maneuvered by one person per speaker)
- Loud and clear sound for most any genre
The plan was for 2-4 KW153's (2 for most stuff, 4 for larger/outdoor events where additional volume may be required) over top of 2-4 KW181's pending on size of event, as well as 4-6 KW122's for foldback or for smaller events where three-way's may not be required. Max I'm estimating would be covering the area of a football field (which was easily done with my current ELX system) and up to 500 people indoors (main venue hall I will be working is a 150' x 60' "community center" which was built recently, and the gigs may range from anything from single-person speeches to bluegrass, to rock/country bands and death metal bands, with DJ gigs mixed in of various genres (Which I can hire out larger system if needed), but I think this will give me a good cover of what I'll need immediately.
Also, if price is no object, is it worth adding a DBX Driverack system for any additional processing, or should I be alright with the processing in my Studiolive 2442 (and possibly soon to be 3242AI).
I appreciate it guys. I know, this may sound like a broken record, but I have to get something going to make it in this town...
Login or Sign Up
- Log in with