Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

DBX Driverack PA+ data wheel stopped working.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBX Driverack PA+ data wheel stopped working.

I was just outside doing some AutoEQ measurments, finished the autoeq pass, stored it, and now my jog wheel is not working. It works if I push on the knob, but back and forth controls don't work. I have power cycled it a couple of times, did a soft and hard reset and even updated the firmware on the unit, but still no side to side acknowledgement from the data wheel. Its like something disconnected.

Might try your question here http://www.dbxpro.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=70  

Comment

Hmm. I've seen them get eratic and ALMOST not work. This usualy signifies that they are dirty. Encoders such as you have work on the same principal as an old ball mouse. They have an IR LED and a phototransistor that shines through a wheel with holes in it. If the light path gets blocked, they malfunction. If it's easy acess, you might get some compressed air and try and blow any blockage out. If you get no response at all however, it's more likely a failed encoder. This is a part that can be replaced but if you're not a bench tech, it's probably a job for a service shop. If it's still under warrantee, don't even open it up to blow it out, just send it back.

J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
      If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

• loudsubz
        loudsubz commented
        Editing a comment

Thanks for the heads up. It is only a month old so I sent it into my local repair shop, hopefully they have quick turn around.

What kind of repair shop? I need to bring my lexicon mx200 but I don't know where to go.

Comment

• dennis a
        dennis a commented
        Editing a comment

lilgrasshopper wrote:
        What kind of repair shop? I need to bring my lexicon mx200 but I don't know where to go.

Lexicon Pro
        8760 South Sandy Pkwy.
        Sandy, UT 84070
        (801) 566-8800

support@lexiconpro.com

Working...
    X